£17 instead of £49 to enjoy the newest craze Flowboarding, a unique one hour indoor surfing experience at Bodyflight - Save 65%
- Experience the thrills and spills of surfing within the comfort of the recently opened Flowhouse
- An exciting and innovative new board sport which is operated by Bodyflight in the UK
- Learn to control the board with your bodyweight and carve across the artificial wave
- Caters to all skill levels – newbies to seasoned surfers
- After your session, relax and enjoy a beer and a burger at their poolside bar, while watching your friends wipe out
- 1 voucher per person, may buy multiple as gifts
- Voucher valid for 4 month, Opening hours: 2pm-10pm on weekdays, 9am-11pm on weekends
- Voucher activates on Monday the 15th of November at 2pm
- Advance booking essential, please have voucher and security codes ready
- Minimum height 107cm, see terms at www.bodyflight.co.uk/terms
- Participants must be comfortable around water
- See Bodyflight terms for rules about changing your booking
- Subject to availability. Not valid with other offers
Surfing was a central part of ancient Polynesian culture and was first observed by
Europeans in Hawaii in 1767. It was referred to in the journals of Captain James Cook -
the first Western man to make contact with the East coastline of Australia. The Gold Coast
is home to some of the greatest surfing
beaches in the world where young and old head out into the sea to ride
the waves. Here in the UK we aren't blessed with golden beaches and azure coastlines
like our cousins in the Southern Hemisphere, and taking a surfing trip here could
result in you emerging from the sea with icicles for fingers.
But with today's Groupon you can stay indoors and catch a wave with a unique indoor surfing experience. For just £17 instead of the usual £49 you can get a one hour flowboarding session. Flowboarding allows participants to ride an artificial wave, known as a sheet wave, created by numerous jets of water travelling between 20 - 30mph. The water flows over a surface designed to replicate a wave, giving you the ultimate surfing high indoors.
Bodyflight is a place where you can experience the extraordinary, from indoor surfing to 200m zip wires. Their Flowhouse opened in May 2010 and is the only site in the UK where you can experience Flowboarding. Your one hour introduction will be shared with other participants and take you from a complete beginner to a body boarding pro. With the help of experienced instructors you will be taught to control your board by shifting your weight around, which will allow you to carve across the wave and maybe even try a few spins.