Two Tickets For the Musical Adaptation of David Walliams’ Mr Stink for £16 at The Grand Theatre (Up to 61% Off)
- Original Victorian theatre
- City centre location
- Excellent transport links nearby
- 2 hour 10 minute performance
- Adaptation of David Walliams’ children’s novel
- Includes ‘scratch and sniff’ book
- Suitable for children 8 and over
Limit 1 per 2 people. May buy multiple as gifts. No booking necessary. Redeem at box office 30 minutes prior to start time. Recommended for ages 8 and over. Original value based on full price for most expensive seating. Valid on option purchased only.
See the rules that apply to all deals.
Misunderstanding theatrical tradition can lead to triumphant performers receiving thunderous applause and congratulatory bags of flour. See it done correctly with today's Groupon from The Grand Theatre. Choose from the following options:• £16 for two tickets to the musical adaptation of David Walliams’ book Mr Stink on Wednesday 19 October 2011 at 6pm
• £16 for two tickets to the musical adaptation of David Walliams’ book Mr Stink on Friday 21 October 2011 at 7pm
• £16 for two tickets to the musical adaptation of David Walliams’ book Mr Stink on Saturday 22 October 2011 at 1.30pm
• £16 for two tickets to the musical adaptation of David Walliams’ book Mr Stink on Saturday 22 October 2011 at 5.30pm
• £16 for two tickets to the musical adaptation of David Walliams’ book Mr Stink on Sunday 23 October 2011 at midday
• £16 for two tickets to the musical adaptation of David Walliams’ book Mr Stink on Sunday 23 October 2011 at 4pm
The Grand Theatre boasts a host of classic productions like Guys and Dolls, A Christmas Carol, and Annie, and now opens its nostrils to lovingly inhale Mr Stink. Still sporting its original Victorian façade and regal interiors, the traditional entertainment centre welcomes the musical masterpiece that has grown from David Walliams’ literary offerings, in a particularly pongy tale of friendship. The show follows the tribulations of 12 year old misfit Chloe, letting viewers into her unlikely bond with the local tramp and the political aspirations of her meanie mother. The unusual, whiffy play is specially tailored for a family audience, recommended for kids over 8 and guests with particularly resilient nasal tracts.
Witnessing the charmingly ridiculous musical over the course of two hours, double acts can choose one of six showings. The audience are offered a booklet to scratch and sniff when prompted, allowing them to truly feel a part of the on-stage action and embrace Mr Stink, smelly socks and all. In a melodic transformation of the Little Britain star’s comedic kids’ novel, little ’uns can get gigglish at stinky theatrics while the escorting grown-ups indulge in a childish chuckle.
The Grand Theatre gathers a grandiose 4/5 stars on both Qype and Google Maps. The audience shared their appreciation for the theatre space and the performances held, while the play itself was reviewed in The Guardian Mr Stink.
But although this show does not entirely come up smelling of roses, it is certainly no stinker, providing lively entertainment for all ages.
– Lyn Gardner on ‘Mr Stink’, The Guardian, Jun 2011
You can always expect a high quality and 'big budget’ performance at the Grand, even though it is a comparitively [sic] small theatre compared to others in Birmingham. The staff are always friendly and the seating is comfortable.
– nic_the_chic on The Grand Theatre, Qype, Jul 2009