Black Rock Mixed Grill: 16oz of Meat For Two To Self-Cook (£14) or 32oz For Four (£27) With Sides and Wine at Design House In Town (Up to 63% Off)
- Fare inspired by Spanish, French, and Italian cuisines
- Sophisticated drinks menu
- Central Halifax location
- Mixed grill for diners to cook on black volcanic rocks at the table
- Comprises steak, chicken, black pudding, and chorizo sausage
- 16oz in total for two people, or 32oz in total for four people
- Includes sides of dressed salad and marinated olives
- Glass of white, red, or rosé house wine each
Limit 1 per 2 or 4 people. May buy multiple as gifts. Booking required. 24 hour cancellation policy. Must be 18 or older with valid ID for alcohol. Valid for a total of 16oz of meat for 2 people, or a total of 32oz of meat for 4 people. Valid on option purchased only. Original values verified 17 May 2012 at 1.00pm.
See the rules that apply to all deals.
Known for making strange gesticulations during meals, poker players often raise the steaks. Put your hands to better use with today’s Groupon from Design House In Town. Choose from the following options:
• £14 for a mixed grill with 16oz of meat for two people to cook on black volcanic rocks, plus sides of salad and olives and a glass of wine each (Up to 61% off)
• £27 for a mixed grill with 32oz of meat for four people to cook on black volcanic rocks, plus sides of salad and olives and a glass of wine each for four people (Up to 63% off)
Basking in Mediterranean charm, Design House In Town’s carnivorous dinners sizzle with flavours hailing from Spain, France, and Italy. Indulgent meats such as Iberico bellota ham, lamb cured in Sardinia, and 1959-style lomo populate the menu, alongside crackling mixed grills and a range of intriguing nibbles to whet appetites. The decor quiescently emanates sleek chic, as classic chandeliers cast a luminous glow over the contrastingly contemporary black-and-white interior. Keeping the atmosphere bubbling over, an extensive selection of Champagnes, fine wines and elegant cocktails are available to quench thirsts.
Seated within the restaurant’s slick surroundings, parties of two or four can tuck their napkins into their collars as 16 or 32 ounces of steak, chicken, chorizo sausage, and black pudding are served raw before them. Diners can then cook the meat themselves by placing it on the bed of blistering-hot black volcanic rocks at their table, watching and sprinkling on spiced salts as it hisses and spits to tender perfection. The feast will be supplemented with sides of dressed salad and marinated olives, along with an aromatic glass of red, white, or rosé house wine each.
The Design House has received a tasty 4/5 from TripAdvisor users, while 82% of Urban Spoon users have liked it. While opinions on the service and portion sizes have varied at times, many diners have been impressed by the atmosphere and attentive staff, along with the quality and presentation of the food.
The food is excellent and so well presented it seems a shame to eat it but you are very glad you did. Service is also very good, friendly and efficient. Can't wait to go back again.
– holidayaddict51, TripAdvisor, May 2012
The ambience is classy without being intimidating and the staff are professional and attentive but also extremely friendly and welcoming.
– Anne C, TripAdvisor, Mar 2012