Snuggled amid the tumbling green of the South Downs National Park, The White Hart Hotel intermingles elegant Tudor features, such as oak beams and heavy fireplaces, with a flourish of contemporary comforts. The city of Brighton lies a 20-minute drive away and lights up the south coast with its winding streets of boutiques and bars, while local history is revealed by the proud fortifications such as Lewes Castle, placed a two-minute walk away.
• This coaching inn welcomes guests to en suite rooms kitted out with TVs and hot-drink making facilities, where the original period features make for an atmospheric decor.
• Using locally sourced produce, the restaurant dishes up a wide variety of plates, that may be savoured by the fireplace in wintertime, or alfresco, on the terrace, in the summer days.
• Freshly baked scones and traditional teas are available at the lounge, while with a Roman-inspired decor, the spa offers visitors the chance to take a dip in the swimming pool or let off steam in the sauna.
Included in all options: Stay for two in a standard room with breakfast, three-course dinner on first night and spa access
• £59 for 1 night arriving between 30 January and 30 April 2014 (Up to 52% off)
• £99 for 2 nights arriving between 30 January and 29 April 2014 (Up to 46% off)
• Check-in from 2pm; late check-out by midday.
• Pets not permitted.
The White Hart Hotel has an average score of 2.5 out of 5 on Tripadvisor. Customers appreciated the spacious rooms, restaurant decor and food, as well as the location.
Details verified 24/01/14. Learn more about Groupon's Merchant Reviews Policy.