At Spa Valley Railway, journeys puff along the old-fashioned way as passengers traverse the land by steam train. Open since 1886, Tunbridge Wells West station is a rather historic sight that is both the starting and finishing point for travellers. The trip takes passengers from Tunbridge Wells West to either Groombridge or Eridge, and back again. Customers should note that circumstances might dictate that a heritage diesel locomotive be used instead.
Journey dates and times:
- April 5th from Tunbridge Wells West to Eridge at 10.10am and 16.15pm
- April 6th from Tunbridge Wells West to Eridge at 10.10am and 16.15pm
- September 6th from Tunbridge Wells West to Eridge at 10.10am and 16.15pm
- September 7th from Tunbridge Wells West to Groombridge at 10.30am and 15:30pm
Choose from the following options:*
- £10 to Eridge for two adults (55% off)
- £11 to Eridge for a family of two adults and two children (61% off)
- £8 to Groomsbridge for two adults (56% off)
- £9 to Groomsbridge for a family of two adults and two children (62% off)
Spa Valley Railway is a volunteer-operated railway which harks back to the golden days of the railway, with a steam train and friendly staff attired in period dress. There are four stations: Eridge, Groombridge, High Rocks and Tunbridge Wells West. Each station can be found in pretty rural surrounds with historic facilities. Tunbridge Wells West station is home to an original 1886 engine shed; the only one the south of England has left. There is also a collection of locomotives and carriages at this station and a retired express train buffet car affectionately named Emily.
The Spa Valley Railway has received an impressive 4/5 on Tripadvisor, with customers praising the authenticity of the experience and the opportunity to explore.
Details verified 25/03/2014.
Learn more about Groupon’s Merchant Reviews Policy.
Spa Valley Railway
West Station Royal Tunbridge Wells TN2 5QYGet Directions