Wedding Reception With High Tea For 50 Guests Plus Evening Hog Roast and Disco For 100 Guests for £2995 at Maunsel House
- 13th Century manor house on 100 acres of parkland
- Orchard, duck pond, and ancient trees in garden
- Pergola and bandstand
- Former home of Geoffrey Chaucer
- Venue hire for the day
- High tea and welcome drink for 50 guests
- Evening hog roast and disco for 100 guests
- Bridal suite and two double rooms for night with breakfast
- Wedding coordinator to help
Limit 1 per wedding. May buy multiple as gifts. Must call 012 786 61076 to provisionally reserve date before purchasing Groupon. Valid Mon-Thu only. Booking required. 1 month cancellation policy. Valid for up to 50 day guests and up to 100 evening guests only. High tea served at approx. 4.30pm; hog roast served at 9pm; timings can be altered pending discussion with venue. Bar open midday to midnight; disco from 8pm until midnight. Includes bridal suite and two double rooms for night of wedding (max 6 people); and continental breakfast next morning 9pm. Check-in from midday; checkout by 10.30am. Does not include registrar. Civil/church ceremony if required takes place at approx. 2pm only (subject to availability). Catering, reception extras and accommodation upgrades available on request.
See the rules that apply to all deals.
Prior to the invention of the steam engine, brawny brides were prized for their ability to drag lengthy trains behind them. Swap pistons for posterity with today’s Groupon: £2995 for wedding reception with high tea for 50 guests, and evening hog roast and entertainment for 100 guests at Maunsel House.
This 13th century manor house sits on 100 acres of beautiful Somerset parkland, spreading orchards, duck ponds, and ancient trees over a sprawling landscape. The house itself is rich in character and design, with lavish furnishings and antique pieces scattered delicately throughout the interior. A pergola and bandstand situated in the garden provide pretty wedding potential, with a ream of jasmine, honeysuckle, and wisteria petals encircling the pergola area.
Beginning preparations at the manor house from midday, up to 50 guests will arrive for a welcome drink of Pimms. High tea can be served at around 4.30pm, and will comprise a selection of sandwiches, heart-shaped cheese shortbread, mini scones, mini Yorkshire puddings, and a sweet array of puddings such as cupcakes. All this traditional fare will be matched in quintessential Englishness by beverages of Pimm’s, home-made lemonade, and of course, tea. Up to 100 guests shall be catered for during evening festivities, with a hog roast served with apple sauce in baps and an evening disco keeping dancers going until midnight. The marital pair and two additional couples can bed down for the night as the bridal suite and two double bedrooms are included with continental breakfast the following morning.
Wedding Package includes:
• Welcome drink of Pimm’s
• High Tea for 50 guests with Pimm’s, tea, and home-made lemonade
• Bridal suite with continental breakfast
• Two double rooms for night with continental breakfast
• Personal wedding co-coordinator
Maunsel House High Tea for Up to 50 Guests
• Includes honey roast ham and chutney, cream cheese and cucumber, and egg mayonnaise and cress
• Mini Yorkshire puddings with rare roast beef and horseradish
• Heart shaped cheese shortbread
• Sausages in honey and mustard
• Smoked salmon tarts
• Mini scones with clotted cream and strawberries
• Cupcakes, lemon tarts, coffee, and walnut cake
• With Pimm’s, home-made lemonade, and English Tea
Hog Roast for Up to 100 Guests
Served with apple sauce in baps during evening disco
Though Maunsel House is still waiting to be widely reviewed, it received a King-sized 4/5 from TripAdvisors. Wedding guests praised the venue’s decor, helpful staff, and welcoming atmosphere.
We stayed here in December, so the setting was just beautiful - frosty and cold in the countryside. I already recommend this place to friends. The location is great as there are rooms in the main building, each individually designed, down to different styled bathrooms, truly spectacular, each room.
– LondonTraveller888, TripAdvisor, Jan 2012
Everything was wonderful - the best thing is Maunsel house [sic] is so homely, you really do feel like you are in a home not a rented purpose made venue. The help given with the wedding planning was second to none, they really do put themselves out to ensure everything goes smoothly and recommend local suppliers for food, flowers etc - all of which did an excellent job.
– Monkeyno9, TripAdvisor, Oct 2011