£14 for Two Dance Workshops or One Workshop for Two People at The Showgirl Academy (£40 Value)
- Each workshop lasts two hours
- Experienced adult dance teacher, trained at The Ministry of Burlesque
- Choose from Burlesque, Fan Dance, Charleston, Can-Can, 60s Go-Go, and Ultimate Showgirl
- Two workshops for one, or bring a friend to one workshop for two
Up to 2 Groupons per person or 2 people, may buy multiple as gifts. Booking required. 24 hour cancellation policy. Customers should bring the following to the appropriate class - Burlesque: small pair of heels, opera gloves/gloves with fingers; Fan Dancing: small pair of heels; Can-Can: pair of flat comfortable shoes, leggings or knickers to wear under skirts; Charleston: pair of flat soft shoes; 60s Go-Go Dancing: small pair of heels, 60s attire encouraged; Ultimate Showgirl for Beginners: pair of flat comfortable shoes, pair of small heels.
See the rules that apply to all deals.
Military strategists agree that successful defence requires a strong front line, an extensive supply line and a high-kicking chorus line. Support the troops with today's Groupon: for £14 instead of £40, take part in two cabaret dance workshops from a choice of six, or one workshop for you and a friend at The Showgirl Academy.
The founder of The Showgirl Academy has a wealth of experience as an adult dance teacher. Having opened her own urban dance school specialising in hip-hop, Claire Phipps trained in 2009 at The Ministry of Burlesque, where she perfected the steps and kicks of the numerous cabaret styles she now teaches in her Bristol studio. With classes encompassing a host of cabaret genres in weekly sessions, one-off workshops, and special hen-night classes with the opportunity to perform, The Showgirl Academy mixes professionalism with fun, catering to all levels of ability or experience. The focus is on getting into the spirit of dances, ranging from the Charleston to the Can-Can, transporting beginners and improvers alike from turn of the century Paris to the American 20s with jazz, frills, tassels and tantalising burlesque.
Groupon holders can flick and high kick-start their foray into cabaret with any two workshops (£40) from a choice of the following two hour beginner classes:
• Burlesque: a glamorous peel, tease, and pose, and the fine art of tassel twirling
• Fan Dancing: an elegant 'hide and reveal' with ostrich feathers
• The Can-Can: a Parisian jump and gallop with cheeky moves and skirt work
• The Charleston: quick and witty steps to ragtime jazz music
• Ultimate Showgirl: a taste of all tricks with dabble in all of the above
• 60s Go-Go Dancing: classic fast-paced 60s moves including the twist
Alternatively, choose one class and bring a friend along to follow in the experienced flapper steps of your hostess for the night at The Showgirl Academy.