Off-Road Driving Experiences from £24 at Shandon Off Road Challenge (Up to 73% Off)
- 800 acre off-road driving track
- Located beside the Gare Loch
- Fleet of 4x4 vehicles
- 60 minute experiences include 20 minutes driving each
- Option to take 60 minute session as a group of three 90 minute experience includes
- 45 minutes driving each
- Single drivers placed with others
- Suitable for novices
- Tutor present at all times
- Includes 30 minute briefing
Limit 1 per person or per group (2 or 3 people). May buy multiple as gifts. Booking required. 48 hour cancellation policy. Must have a full valid UK driving licence and present on redemption. Customers with one person option will be placed in groups with strangers. Allow 90 minutes in total for 60 minute drive, and 2 hours in total for 90 minute drive. Valid on option purchased only. Original value verified 11 May 2012 at 5.26pm.
See the rules that apply to all deals.
Driving off-road can be exhilarating and adrenaline-fuelled, as long as you don’t drive yourself up the wall. Have a white knuckled ride with today's Groupon from Shandon Off Road Challenge. Choose from the following options:• £24 for a 60 minute off-road driving experience for one person with 20 minutes behind the wheel (70% off)
• £64 for a 60 minute off-road driving experience for three people with 20 minutes behind the wheel each (73% off)
• £47 for a 90 minute off-road driving experience for one person with 45 minutes behind the wheel (61% off)
• £92 for a 90 minute off-road driving experience for two people with 45 minutes behind the wheel each (61% off)
Breaking free from tarmac, Shandon Off Road now saddles up its four-wheeled vehicles and takes adrenaline junkies over tougher routes across 800 acres of rough terrain and bogs. Their fleet of 4x4s includes the Land Rover Discovery and Defender, which send thrill-seekers on a topsy turvy tour through the Gareloch Hills. Tearing through the countryside, the motor monsters take in the scenic location, creating a mishmash of mountain views, growling engines, and speeding adrenaline.
With expert tutors always on hand, rookies and experienced revvers alike will be privy to a 30 minute introduction before taking to the hills in teams of two or three. Those embarking on a solo adventure will be placed within teams, while those opting for the group session pile in with friends for an off-road trip. A 60 minute session will allow three speed demons 20 minutes behind the wheel each, while a 90 minute session will be split between two drivers, giving each the chance to take the wheel as the other bounces around as a sightseeing passenger.
After a short but thorough briefing it was straight into the driver's seat of a Landrover [sic] Discovery - fully kitted out for off-roading. The pace was slow but sure which is the only safe way to cover the varied but always rough ground. The trails are extensive and generally pretty wild, up in the hills above Shandon … Exciting without being frightening, I'd recommend this as a great half day out of Glasgow for anyone with an interest in off-roading whether novice or experienced.
– Rothesayisexotic, TripAdvisor, Jan 2012