Lake District: Two Night Stay For Two With Breakfast and Cream Tea from £139 at Broughton Craggs Hotel (Up to 50% Off)
- 19th century hotel with expansive gardens
- Views of Lakeland Fells
- Two miles from Cockermouth
- Standard en suite double room TV and hospitality tray
- Full English breakfast each day
- Cream tea on one afternoon with freshly baked scones, cream and jam
- One additional guest may stay for supplement
Expires 30 November 2012 (Excl. 1 to 9, 16, 22, 30 June; 10 to 11 August; 7, 8, 15 September 2012).
Limit 1 per 2 people. Limit 1 per stay. May buy multiple as gifts. Booking required via phone: 01900 824400 or email via firstname.lastname@example.org. Non-refundable once confirmed. Check-in from 3pm; check-out by 10.30am. Valid for standard en suite double room. Valid for breakfast each morning. One cream tea for two served between 3pm-5pm on either day of stay. Children under 3 stay for free. One additional guest can stay for £25 per night supplement. Valid on option purchased only. Original value based on hotel rack rate. Original values verified 18 May 2012 at 1.26pm.
See the rules that apply to all deals.
The focal point of its own picturesque grounds, the ivy-spattered façade of Broughton Craggs Hotel is an apt front to the beauty of Western Fells, set within the greater backdrop of the Lake District.
Indulge the mind with today's Groupon from Broughton Craggs Hotel. Choose from the following options:
Two night stay for two
In a standard double en suite room with breakfast every morning and cream tea on one day
• £154 for stays between 29 May and 31 September 2012 (Up to 45% off)
• £139 for stays between 1 October and 30 November 2012 (Up to 50% off)
Ideally placed for intrepid lake adventurers, Broughton Craggs Hotel sits atop the banks of the River Derwent, overlooking the Lakeland Fells. A log fire roars through cold winter days, heating the homely confines of the hotel while a classic British restaurant serves traditional fare. Outside, the 19th century house's expansive grounds sweep across the rugged English landscape, melding into the peaks of the Fells beyond.
The market town of Cockermouth is one of the region's less touristic areas, and lies just two miles from the hotel. Within its pretty streets resides the birthplace of William Wordsworth, a house now dedicated to the writer's memory, offering hands-on visits. A trip a little further afield will bring day-trippers to the haunted Muncaster Castle and the blooming colour of its astounding gardens. Full advantage of the Lakelands' natural splendour can be taken with bracing walks along the Pennine Way to the open fell side.
• Standard en suite double room with TV and tea and coffee making facilities
• Full English breakfast each morning
• Cream tea on one afternoon including scones with cream and jam and choice of tea or coffee
• One additional guest may stay in the room for a supplement
Train: Trains arrive at Maryport rail station from countrywide points including Lancaster, Carlisle, London Euston and Birmingham New Street. The station is around 20 minutes' drive from the hotel.
Road: The M6 will take drivers into Cumbria, turning off at the A595 to bring them into Cockermouth.
...Frankly we were both blown away by the quality of the place and especially the food.
– JPSBCFC, TripAdvisor, May 2012
My husband and I have just spent a brilliant 2 day break at the Broughton Craggs Hotel. The setting is perfect and the food is plentiful. Whilst other reviews have remarked on paint peeling etc I think it adds to the ambiance of a period house, who wants it all plastic and modern?
– franniep57, TripAdvisor, May 2012