Amsterdam: Two Night Mini-Cruise For Two With Day In The City for £98 from DFDS Seaways
- Cruise ferry company departing from Newcastle
- Casino, cinema, restaurants, bars, and shopping on-board
- Live entertainment provided
- Mini-cruise departing Newcastle
- Approximately Five hours in Amsterdam city
- Two nights in en-suite cabin
- Coach transfers to and from ferry terminal and Amsterdam
Valid for departures on: 15, 21-23, 28-30 May; and 4, 5, 10-13, 17-20, 24-25, 27 June 2012 only.
Based on double occupancy.
Booking required online at http://www.dfdsseaways.co.uk/groupon/amsterdam-mini-cruise/.
Once confirmed, bookings are non-cancellable or transferrable.
Mandatory fuel surcharge of £14 per person, payable upon booking.
Check-in from 3pm-4.30pm; ferry departs 5pm. Ferry departs Amsterdam at 5.30pm; arrives in Newcastle at 9am.
Valid for 2 berth outside cabin.
DFDS Seaways terms and conditions apply: www.dfds.co.uk/terms
Original value based on online rates.
See the rules that apply to all deals.
Linking Newcastle to Amsterdam’s canals, cafes, and bicycle-filled streets, DFDS Seaways provides easy entrance to the laidback treasures of the Dutch capital. The city stretches in a network of scenic waterways, the leafy banks of which intersect with historic districts and cultural quarters that abound with galleries, parks, and architectural marvels.
Make a splash in Holland with today's Groupon from DFDS Seaways.
£98 for a two night mini cruise for two departing from Newcastle
In a Seaways Class cabin, with five hours' free time in Amsterdam
Making this short-haul crossing in majestic style, the DFDS Seaways vessel spreads a buoyant bounty of eateries, retail outlets, and entertaining diversions across its elegant decks. An international variety of buffet and à la carte treats can be sampled at the ship’s clutch of restaurants, where children’s meals may be tucked into at half price. Elsewhere, refreshment is catered for in the form of three splendidly well-stocked bars, as well as atop the open decks where fresh sea air is in plentiful supply. Live music in the Columbus Club lets dancers stretch their legs, while a star-quality cinema and chic casino offer additional opportunities for on-board leisure.
Cross the famous canal bridges into the heart of the city before dropping in to the Museum district for a quick peek at a Vemeer or Rembrandt in the 19th century halls of the Rijksmuseum. A brief stroll will lead to one of Holland’s most famous breweries, where an engaging tour may provide insights into the history and secrets of the local beer making process. Enjoy similarly flavourful experiences at one of the city’s celebrated pancake houses, before feasting eyes upon the Dam Square, where a 15th century Gothic church sizes up against the neoclassical grandeur of the Royal Palace.
- Check-in on-board between 3pm and 4.30pm on day one
- Ship departs North Shields, Newcastle at 5pm
- One night sailing, arrives at the Ijmuiden terminal, Holland at 9.30am CET
- First coach to Amsterdam city centre departs at 9.45am to arrive at approximately 10.15am
- Approximately five hours free time in Amsterdam
- Coaches begin departing Amsterdam between 3pm and 4pm
- Ship departs Ijmuiden terminal at 5.30pm CET
- One night sailing, arriving back at Newcastle at 9am on day three
Coach: A bus from Newcastle city centre to the port can be arranged through the ferry company (charges apply). The company provides a complimentary connecting service from the Dutch terminal of Ijmuiden into Amsterdam.
If looking for a true taste of Amsterdam, keep an eye out for street vendors selling the local speciality of salted herring fillet.
DFDS Seaways is rated a superb 7.8/10 by AFerryusers. While some guests found their cabins susceptible to noise, reviewers praise the attentive personnel, leisure facilities and entertainment.
Very nice stay calm a lot of attractions on board friendly service.
– Daniel Rosol, AFerry, Apr 2012
The journey was very smooth and very comfortable the staff where very helpfull [sic] and the entertainment was good, breakfast was excellent.
– catherine, AFerry, Apr 2012
DFDS SeawaysSee The Fine Print for location