Tucked away in the quaint village of Nether Wasdale, The Screes Inn makes a suitable holiday base for enjoying Western Lake District activities such as walking, climbing or cycling. The Cumbrian coast has plenty delights to offer, from the seaside villages of Calder Bridge and Braystones, to championship golf courses and scenic countryside views. The Wastwater Lake and the haunted Muncaster Castle with its 1800-acre estate containing azaleas, rhododendrons, and camellias garden are also within easy reach of the inn.
• Behind the traditional facade, en suite rooms are kitted with contemporary furnishings and subtle decorative touches.
• Using fresh produce from local Cumbrian farms and fish from the Whitehaven market, the restaurant serves a wide variety of dishes such as steaks, seafood and pizzas.
• The bar area has a traditional open fire and is stocked with real ales and a fine selection of malt whiskeys.
Included in all options: Stay for two in a standard double room with breakfast each morning and two-course dinner each night
• £69 for 1 night arriving Sun-Fri between 6 December 2013-31 March 2014 (Up to 49% off)
• £139 for 2 nights arriving between 6 December 2013-30 March 2014 (Up to 48% off)
• £209 for 3 nights arriving between 6 December 2013-29 March 2014 (Up to 48% off)
• Check-in from 2.30pm; check-out by 10.30am.
• Pets allowed upon request, enquire on booking.
The Screes Inn has an average score of 4 out of 5 on Tripadvisor and has won a Certificate of Excellence 2013. Customers enjoyed the spacious rooms, pub-style dishes and countryside location.
Details verified 03/12/13. Learn more about Groupon's Merchant Reviews Policy.