Rome: 2 or 3 Nights With Flights For Two from £119 Per Person; Plus Tour from £155 Per Person (Excl. City Tax)
- Contemporary hotel on Monte Mario hill in Rome
- Stay in double room with breakfast each morning
- Restaurant serving local cuisine
- Option to include choice between Vatican City or Museum tour
- Wellness centre and pool
- London flights included
- Bookings fulfilled by Weekender Breaks
Purchase: Valid for room with 2-person occupancy only. Must purchase 2 Groupons to complete booking. Bookings are non-transferable and non-refundable once confirmed.
Booking: Must book by 10 January 2014. Booking required via www.weekender-breaks.co.uk by phone: 020 8099 6144 (Mon-Sat 9am-7pm or Sun from 9am-4pm) or via http://system.weekender breaks.co.uk/Offer.aspx?DealCode=GPN/Rome-Excel-Repeat . Confirmations will be sent out within 14 working days of booking.
Important Information: Excludes city tax of up to €3 per person per night (based on rates listed by the European Tour Operators Association, rates subject to change).
Flight Details: Valid for flights from London Luton, Gatwick or Stansted to Rome airport. Includes hand luggage only. Flight departure points, dates and hours are subject to availability and cannot always be guaranteed. Supplements of up to £30 per person may apply if specific days get over booked. Airport transfers not included.
Stay Details: Valid for stay in standard double room for 2 people.
Valid on option purchased only.
See the rules that apply to all deals.
Groupon's Guide To Location
A four star hideaway in the North West of the Eternal City, the Excel Roma Montemario offers a base for getting lost amid the city’s iconic colonnades, high-end boutiques and candlelit trattorias. Long walks can be enjoyed in the adjacent Pineto Park, also known as Valle dell'Inferno, scattered with vineyards and Mediterranean vegetation such as Cork oaks, myrtle and strawberry bushes blooming in spring.
• The spacious rooms are handsomely kitted out with a LCD television and Wi-Fi access, as well as en suite facilities.
• Lunches and dinners are catered for with local and international dishes at the M&G Restaurant, while a bar offers taste buds other treats in the form of cool tipples.
• The on-site sporting club features a fully equipped gymnasium, aerobics area and sauna for guests to relax and unwind after a day of sightseeing.
From famous historic sites to relatively obscure catacombs, basilicas, fountains and museums, the Eternal City has many things to offer, as city landmarks go hand in hand with vibrant city nightlife.
Passing through old cobblestone streets and ruins, visitors can take a glimpse of Rome's main attractions such as the Pantheon, one of the best kept classical architecture buildings in the world, the iconic Trevi Fountain and the Vatican Museums. Sweeping views over the city can be captured on film and camera from the Spanish Steps, where holidaymakers can unwind over a prosciutto panini or a gelato after a day of exploring numerous shopping centres and bazaars. Nestled beneath the Vatican walls, the Prati district mixes elegant office buildings with high-end boutiques and public squares, while imposing military barracks and Museo delle Anime dei Defunti provides a unique experience. Tourists can also get a taste of a typical Italian night out by visiting local restaurants, bars and clubs and enjoying a classic pizza or pasta.
Included in all options: Stay for two in a standard double room with London flights and breakfast
Option 1: standard
• £119 per person for 2 nights arriving between 10-31 January 2014
• £129 per person for 2 nights arriving between 1-28 February 2014
• £129 per person for 2 nights arriving between 1-31 March 2014
• £179 per person for 2 nights arriving between 1-21 April 2014
• £139 per person for 3 nights arriving between 10-31 January 2014
• £149 per person for 3 nights arriving between 1-28 February 2014
• £149 per person for 3 nights arriving between 1-31 March 2014
• £199 per person for 3 nights arriving between 1-21 April 2014
Option 2: with choice between Vatican City tour and Vatican Museum skip-the-line tour
• £155 per person for 2 nights arriving between 10-31 January 2014
• £165 per person for 2 nights arriving between 1-28 February 2014
• £165 per person for 2 nights arriving between 1-31 March 2014
• £215 per person for 2 nights arriving between 1-21 April 2014
• £175 per person for 3 nights arriving between 10-31 January 2014
• £185 per person for 3 nights arriving between 1-28 February 2014
• £185 per person for 3 nights arriving between 1-31 March 2014
• £235 per person for 3 nights arriving between 1-21 April 2014
• Check-in from 2pm; check-out by 11am.
• Pets not allowed.
Excel Roma Montemario, Via Degli Scolopi 31, Trionfale, 00136 Rome.
Excel Roma Montemario is approximately 32km from Fiumicino Airport and 37km from Ciampino Airport, reachable in about a 35-minute drive.
Vatican City Tour
An experienced guide will take visitors to some of Vatican's major attractions, as well as to some lesser known spots, and give them a broad base for understanding the history, architecture, and politics. Saint Peter's Basilica and Square may not be visited on Wednesdays and during religious ceremonies, as they could be closed for papal audiences. Appropriate clothing must be worn in places of worship. Entrance fee for the Vatican Museum is €23.
Skip the line Vatican Museum Tour
Guests opting for this tour have the opportunity to explore the Vatican Museum without having to wait hours before entering. A representative will escort visitors inside and provide them with a Dark Rome map to help navigate around the museum and the works of the Sistine Chapel. A strict dress code is required, knees and shoulders must be covered. In case of emergency call +39 068 336 0561.
Excel Roma Montemario has an average score of 3.5 out of 5 on Tripadvisor. Customers enjoyed the spacious rooms and while some found the location a bit far from some attractions, guests appreciated the on-site gym.
Details verified 19/12/13. Learn more about Groupon's Merchant Reviews Policy.
Groupon's Guide To Location