West Wales: One or Two Night Stay For Two With Breakfast from £67; or Two Night Christmas Stay For Two With Meals for £299 at Gwesty'r Emlyn Hotel (Up to 56% Off)
- Recently refurbished hotel in 300-year-old coaching inn
- Winner in the Carmarthenshire Tourism Awards 2011
- Traditional Welsh restaurant and bar lounge
- Brand-new leisure facilities
- Executive double room
- Full Welsh breakfast each day
- Access to leisure facilities
- Christmas stays from Christmas Eve to Boxing Day include:
- Gala lunch
- Christmas Eve buffet
- Christmas dinner and canapés
- Breakfast each day
Valid for arrivals from 1 September to 31 December 2012.
Christmas option valid for stay 24 to 26 December 2012 only.
Limit 1 per 2 people. May buy multiple as gifts.
Booking required by phone: 01239 710317 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bookings are non-cancellable.
1 night stay valid Sun only. 2 night stay valid 7 days a week. Christmas stay valid 24-26 December 2012 only.
Check-in from 2pm-11pm; check-out from 7am-11am.
Valid for stay in executive double room.
Child under 2 can stay in existing room for free.
Cot hire available for £5 per night supplement.
Sofa bed in room may be available for children aged 2-12 for £10 per child per night supplement.
Upgrade to family room for £40 per night supplement, subject to availability. Family room valid for 2 adults and 2 children (under 12s).
Upgrade to suite for £30 per night supplement.
Late check-out (up to 1pm) incurs £20 supplement.
Early check-in (from midday) incurs £20 supplement.
Valid on option purchased only.
Original value based on online booking system for stay 2-3, 3-5 September 2012, or 24-26 December 2012, depending on option purchased. Limited availability for these dates.
Original values verified on 15 August 2012 at 10.18am.
See the rules that apply to all deals.
Taking root in the medieval town of Newcastle Emlyn, the Gwesty’r Emlyn Hotel provides a homely retreat with modern comforts between the unspoilt beauty of national parks and historic monoliths.
Go forth to the valley with today's Groupon from Gwesty'r Emlyn Hotel. Choose from the following options:
Stay for two
In an executive double room with full Welsh breakfast and access to leisure facilities
- £67 for one night stay (Up to 50% off)
- £119 for two night stay (Up to 56% off)
Christmas stay for two
From 24 to 26 December 2012 with meals including Christmas Eve lunch, Christmas dinner, and breakfast each morning
- £299 for two night stay (50% off)
Listed as a ‘Hotel of Distinction’ by Welsh Rarebits, Gwesty’r Emlyn Hotel provides good old Welsh hospitality from the comfy confines of a 300-year-old coaching inn. The recently refurbished inn comes with 26 contemporary en suite bedrooms, all filled with a blend of subtle tones and comfortable furnishings. Respite can be found in the shape of a tipple or two in the hotel’s cosy bar, complete with soft loungers, while the authentic Welsh fare on offer in Bwyty’r Bont Restaurant is on hand for satisfying hearty appetites. The guesthouse also boasts brand-new leisure facilities that include a well-equipped gym, sauna, and refreshing spa pool.
Make the half-hour drive to the Pembrokeshire Coast National Park and explore the seasonal wildlife, sandy beaches, and medieval monuments that dominate the beautiful landscape. This terrain is also well-suited to splashy pursuits, with kayaking, windsurfing, and diving all offered in their plenty. The hotel's position between several market towns including Lampeter and Cardigan offers plenty of winding streets to explore, while slightly further afield, attractions come in the shape of the Carreg Cennen Castle, or the Ceredigion Museum in Aberystwyth. After spending a day out and about, take a quiet stroll around quaint Newcastle Emlyn and stop off at a traditional pub for an evening meal with a pint or two.
One or two night stays
- Executive double room
- Flat screen TV, hospitality tray, and telephone in room
- Full Welsh or continental breakfast each morning
- Full access to hotel leisure facilities, including gym, sauna, and spa pool
- Children under two can stay for free
- Christmas Eve to Boxing Day
- Midday arrival for Christmas Eve gala lunch li>
- Christmas Eve afternoon tea
- Evening buffet and carol singing
- Christmas Day continental breakfast
- Christmas Day Champagne and canapés followed by five-course festive lunch
- Christmas Day evening buffet with mulled wine and mince pies
- Full Welsh breakfast on Boxing Day morning; depart at midday
Train: Carmarthen Rail station is around half an hour's drive from the hotel and runs regular connections to Cardiff and Bristol Temple Meads.
Road: After leaving the M4, follow directions for Carmarthen, from which point you can follow the A484 and then the B4333 to reach Newcastle Emlyn.
The Gwesty'r Emlyn Hotel received 4.5/5 from TripAdvisors. Visitors were keen to praise the relaxed atmosphere and the quality of the food, though special mentions went to the attentive staff.
The staff are so friendly and really seem to enjoy spending time with the guests and ensuring they have everything they need, something that is lacking in many establishments.
– ClaireW6291, TripAdvisor, Jul 2012
A friendly warm reception, welcomed into lovely surroundings and all very relaxed. The meal was delicious, beautifully presented and from a menu with plenty of choice.
– Karen W, TripAdvisor, Oct 2011