Yorkshire Dales: Two Night Stay For Two With Afternoon Tea, Three Course Dinner, and Breakfast from £135 at The Whoop Hall (Up to 51% Off)
- 17th century hotel and country club between the Yorkshire Dales and Lake District
- 18m swimming pool, sauna, steam room, and fitness suite
- Restaurant in converted barn
- Bar with ales and panoramic views over three counties
- Afternoon tea on one day with scones, clotted cream plus sandwiches and cakes
- Three course meal from the table d'hôte menu on first night
- Full English breakfast daily
- Early check-in or late check-out
- Access to leisure facilities
Valid 13 August 2012 to 28 March (Excl. 24 to 26 and 31 December 2012; 1 January; and 29 to 31 March 2013,).
Limit 1 per 2 people. Limit 1 per stay.
May buy multiple as gifts.
Booking required by phone at 015242 71284, lines open 9am-5pm; or book by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bookings are non-cancellable once booking confirmed.
Check-in from 11am; check-out by 2pm. Early check-in or late check-out time can be arranged on booking.
Limited weekend availability, enquire to confirm dates before purchasing Groupon.
Fri and Sat night stays from 1 September to 20 December 2012 incur a £10 per night supplement.
Valid for stay in standard double or twin room.
Afternoon tea valid on one day only. Three course dinner from the table d 'hote menu on first night only.
Original value based on online BAR for Sun-Thu stays, most expensive menu options, and afternoon tea.
Valid on option purchased only.
See the rules that apply to all deals.
Sandwiched between the rolling realms of the Lake District and the Yorkshire Dales, The Whoop Hall Hotel has a prime position within touching distance of three counties in rural England’s blustery heart.
Linger in Lancashire with today's Groupon from The Whoop Hall. Choose from the following options:
Two night stay for two
In an en suite double room with breakfast each morning, afternoon tea on one day, three course dinner on first night, access to leisure facilities, and early check-in or late check-out
- £155 for stays between 10 and 31 August 2012 (Up to 43% off)
- £135 for stays between 1 September and 31 October 2012 (Up to 51% off)
- £135 for stays between 1 November and 31 December 2012 (Up to 51% off)
- £135 for stays between 1 January and 28 March 2013 (Up to 51% off)
While boasting a history stretching to the 17th century, The Whoop Hall now combines the extensive facilities of a country club with all the comforts of a modern hotel. There is an 18m swimming pool, sauna, steam room, beauty spa, and a fully-equipped fitness studio, as well as a welcoming bar with roaring fires and hand-pulled ales. The restaurant occupies a converted barn, complete with original features and exposed oak beams, and serves local produce to diners, while the bistro enjoys panoramic views from its alfresco dining terrace.
Take a drive out and pick from the Yorkshire Dales or the Lake District National Parks, where rambling presents impressive hillside tableaux. Gulps of fresh air can also be found closer to the hotel, with a choice of two golfing greens to take a swing on. For a dose of rich medieval and early modern history, drive into Lancaster and explore the city's imposing castle, and pop that extra bit further to the coast at Morecambe Bay for beachfront fun.
- En suite standard double room
- TV, radio, phone, and tea and coffee making facilities
- Full English breakfast each morning
- Afternoon tea on one day with scones, clotted cream, strawberry preserve, sandwiches, cakes and tea or coffee
- Three course evening meal from the table d'hote menu on first night
- Complimentary access to leisure facilities
- Early check-in or late check-out subject to arrangement on booking
Train: Wennington rail station is approximately 7 miles from the hotel, which links to Morecambe and Lancaster station for connections on the main west coast line.
Road: The hotel lies on the A65, which connects to the M6 at Junction 36.
The Whoop Hall was rated 4/5 by TripAdvisors. While service and décor caused a few mixed opinions, visitors generally found the staff friendly and complimented the hotel's food and location.
Leisure club has a good gym, and a nice pool which we used. Afternoon tea was good, sandwiches, scones and cakes. Enjoyed our dinner, the chicken was delicious.
– brichy, TripAdvisor, Jul 2012
The staff were nice and couldnt [sic] do enough for us, the room was very clean and had lovely views across the dales, the food delicious and the leisure facilities were all that we needed.
– brightoncityimp, TripAdvisor, May 2012