What is a Bupa Core Health Assessment?
Core Health Assessments comprise a series of tests that aim to provide an understanding of each person's overall health, based on individual medical history and risk factors.
What does the assessment involve, specifically?
During a one-hour appointment, a Bupa health adviser measures the customer's height, weight, body fat percentage, waist-to-height ratio, blood pressure and pulse rate. Blood tests are also performed in order to check for the presence of diabetes and to ascertain cholesterol levels. Finally, the practitioner calculates a risk score for diabetes and coronary heart disease using a lifestyle questionnaire and an algorithm that incorporates various individual health factors. For medical reasons explained on the day, some tests may occasionally be omitted.
What happens afterwards?
After the assessment, customers are presented with the results, forming a personal profile of their health. The health adviser then provides and discusses a tailored health plan, which incorporates lifestyle advice designed to help customers sustain and improve their current level of wellbeing. On occasions when it is not possible to provide all test results immediately, these will be sent to the customer within two weeks of their assessment.
Choose from the following options for a Bupa Core Health assessment:
- £79 at Bupa Health Centre, Bond Street, Bristol, BS1 3LG (51% off)
- £79 at Bupa Health Centre, George Square, Glasgow, G2 1DY (51% off)
- £79 at Bupa Health Centre, Park Place, Leeds, LS1 2SP (51% off)
- £79 at Bupa Health Centre, Piccadilly, Manchester, M1 2HY (51% off)
- £79 at Bupa Health Centre, Phoenix Park West, Nottingham, NG8 6AS (51% off)
- £79 at Bupa Health Centre, London Road, Reading, RG1 5AS (51% off)
- £79 at Bupa Health Centre, Station Road, Solihull, B91 3RT (51% off)
Bupa is a global healthcare company with clinics in 190 countries, providing domestic and residential healthcare, health analytics, health insurance and a wealth of different treatments. The company was established in the UK over 60 years ago, and today a team of healthcare practitioners perform Bupa Health Assessments at 45 centres throughout the country.
Details verified 10 October 2013.
Learn more about Groupon's Merchant Reviews Policy.