One (£89) or Two (£159) Night Stay For Two With Breakfast and Bottle of Wine at Lumley Castle Hotel (Up to 68% Off)
- Luxury medieval themed castle
- Over 600 years old
- Surrounded by parkland
- 20 minutes drive to 'The Metro' shopping centre
- One or Two night's stay in a courtyard room with breakfast
- Bottle of wine in your room
- Third and subsequent night's stay with breakfast from £69
- 50% off room upgrades on Sunday to Thursdays only
- 20% discount off food in the Black Knight Restaurant
- 20% discount on guests attending either the Elizabethan Banquet or Murder Dinner
Limit 1 per 2 people. May buy multiple as gifts. Booking required. Non-refundable, non-transferrable. Valid Sun-Thu. Limited availability and £45 supplement charge for a courtyard bedroom on Fri-Sat. Not available for stays in June. Check-in from 3pm; check-out by 11am. Wine provided cannot be consumed in restaurant or bar. Must be 18 or older with valid ID for alcohol. 50% off room upgrades Sun-Thu only subject to availability. 20% discount off food in the Black Knight Restaurant, 2 course minimum per person. Original value based on hotel rack rate and wine.
See the rules that apply to all deals.
A knight in shining armour to those seeking fluffy pillows, fine dining, and cosy night's sleep, the magnificent Lumley Castle has prevailed for over 600 years among County Durham’s verdant environs.
Find medieval tranquillity with today's with today's Groupon from Lumley Castle:
• Overnight break for two with a bottle of wine on arrival for £89
• Two night stay for two with a bottle of wine on arrival for £159
Staying in a courtyard room with a full English breakfast the next morning
This monument to a bygone age of chivalry and knights upon noble steeds offers stunning views of the surrounding parkland, cricket grounds and the picturesque River Wear, making it an ideal location for weddings, conferences, and other grand shindigs as well as snuggly nights in. The castle combines both luxurious splendour with warmth and comfort, offering 64 double and 9 single bedrooms, each individually designed and decorated with sumptuous double beds, squidgy arm chairs and elegant patterned draperies.
Wander the petal-dotted paths of nearby countryside, or venture to Hadrian's Wall for a further look into the days of yore. For culture spots, check out the Baltic, a haven of cutting-edge design and postcard-worthy modern art. Staying closer to home, guests can polish up their swing on the Durham County Cricket Ground or revel at the castles bewitching grounds.
• One night or two night stay for two in a Courtyard Room, adjacent to the castle
• Bottle of Montecelli wine in your room
• Full English breakfast
• 20% off dinner at the Black Knight Restaurant
Rail: The hotel is situated near Chester-le-Street railway station with easy direct services to Newcastle and Durham
Road: The A167 and the A1(M) pass near to the hotel connecting it up to the North, South, East, and West
Guests have noted the cosy atmosphere and charming décor, which both complement the character of the 14th Century castle. TripAdvisor users placed Lumley Castle within the top 10 hotels in Durham, while a score of 8.7/10 was awarded by Booking.com reviewers.
…were very impressed by the castle's ambience. We were ideally located for a trip to the theatre in Durham. We had a lovely night's stay and would visit again. Breakfast was great, served in the restaurant in the castle itself. Despite being such an old building it was lovely and warm.
– Katy B, TripAdvisor, March 2012
Lovely grounds, away from busy roads with no traffic noise at all. Steeped in history and gives a wonderful background to any stay. Despite staying in winter months, the rooms were warm and there was lashings of hot water. A lovely place to stay and would definitely go back
– Sandra, Booking.com, February 2012