£12 instead of £32 for innovative afternoon tea at the resplendent Swissôtel The Howard - Save 63%
- TLSee combines the tradition of Afternoon Tea, London and Sightseeing and is the 2010 National Baking Industry Award winner for the 'innovation' category
- The highlight is the skillful presentation of the miniature London landmarks. A replica 3D chocolate Big Ben filled with raspberry ganache and the Crown Jewels finished in gold leaf are just two of the nine novel treats available.
- Each sesssion includes traditional scones, pastries and sandwiches
- Featuring a wide selection of tea from the centuries old London institution, Twinings
- Set in the urban chic surroundings of the cosmopolitan Mauve Lounge
- 1 voucher per person, multiple may be purchased as gifts
- Advance booking essential, please have voucher and security codes ready
- Voucher valid until January 31st 2011, between Sun-Thursday (between 2-6pm); there is limited availability for bookings in December 2010
- Booking link will be sent via email. Bookings open on Wednesday 3rd November. Bookings will only be taken by the booking link.
- Maximum of 10 persons per booking; Subject to availability
- Not valid with other offers
Afternoon tea has long been an archetypal English tradition, ever since Charles II married Catherine of Braganza, bringing the custom over from Portugal to doily-ed tables and floral-patterned tea cosies up and down the country. However, today's Groupon offers the chance to raise a pinkie and imbibe a brew in an altogether more refined setting. For just £12, this voucher offers award-winning afternoon tea, with a twist, for one person at the Swissôtel The Howard.
Situated just a stone's throw from the Thames, in between Waterloo Bridge and Blackfriars Bridge, Swissôtel The Howard is a luxurious five star hotel set in a quiet corner of Temple Place, yet within easy reach of London's metropolitan delights. Reflecting a contemporary style, Swissôtel The Howard have brought an interesting culinary slant to their afternoon tea. Since the hotel offers panoramic views of some of London's landmarks, 'TLSee' offers the opportunity to enjoy the taste of them too.
Having won an Baking Industry Innovation Award for their work, the skilled pastry chefs painstakingly recreate the likes of Tower Bridge, The London Eye and more in cake form, so that budding Godzillas can enjoy a perfect cup of Rosie Lee whilst planning future outings.
To find out more about your Afternoon Tea session please click here.
What people are saying...
Had the new 'TLsee' afternoon tea here last week, it was one of my favourite afternoon teas. In addition to the usual scones, cakes and sandwiches, you also get a strawberry smoothie, and the point of this special tea - a plate of chocolates and biscuits arranged as a view of London. Think a blue icing river Thames, a chocolate Big Ben, and a biscuit black cab etc. It definitely has the wow factor...