Three Course Dinner For Two With a Pre-Dinner Cocktail and Wine for £36 at The English Pig (£85 Value)
- Owner Johnnie Mountain has 20 years' experience including work at The Fat Duck, and appearances on BBC 2's Great British Menu
- Brand new all pork menu
- Glass of Merlot or Pinot Grigio
- Lovingly and expertly crafted haute cuisine
- Located in the Barbican area
- Happy pigs equal tasty pigs
- Prosecco cocktail upon arrival followed by a glass of wine with the meal
Groupon valid for 2 people, may buy multiples. Booking required via email to bookings@ theenglishpig.co.uk stating date, arrival time and party number with security code. Bookings available from Monday 4th July. 36 hour cancellation policy. Minimum age 18 with valid ID. Vegetarian and other dietry requirements available upon request. Optional service charge not included.
See the rules that apply to all deals.
Gourmet fare rarely materializes without expert human intervention, even in regions fertile with port-wine springs, foie-gras shrubs, and roaming herds of wild waiters. Taste the fruits of gourmet handiwork with today's Groupon: for £36 you and another can feast on a three course dinner, with a pre dinner Prosecco cocktail and either a glass of merlot or pinot grigio along with your chosen gastro-shaped fodder at The English Pig.
Owner and Executive chef Johnnie Mountain crafts a panoply of gourmet dishes from fresh, local ingredients and varied global cooking styles. Diners can get cosy in the former All Bar One turned dining room before rehearsing their fork flourishes in light cast by modern block windows and an abundance of church style candles. Diners should encourage taste-buds to applaud Mountain's signature dish of slow roasted Belly Pork, which is constantly evolving and uses great modern incarnations of a very traditional ingredient.
Groupon customers can introduce fork to joule with an overture of appetizers, such as the cider braised pigs cheek with root vegetables, sweetbreads and broad beans, before settling into main-act entrees. Dinnertime belly fillers such as the 21 hour slow roasted pork belly, with mustard mash and Savoy cabbage arrive from the kitchen with culinary swagger, only to find a formidable taste challenger in the Iberico pork rice pudding with boudin noir and truffle. Sweet toothed chomp-farers will be pleased with a host of saliva inducing deserts such as poached strawberries with red basil, balsamic and black pepper or the Wymans chocolate fondant with white chocolate sauce.
For a sample menu please look here
How it works:
1. Buy your Groupon
2. We email you the Groupon after the deal ends
3. Voucher activates on Tuesday 28 June 2011 at 2pm
4. To book you must email your preferred date, time of arrival and numbers along with your 10 digit voucher code to email@example.com