£74 worth £185 for a four hour jazz cruise for two people plus canapes, welcome drink and two course meal with a bottle of wine at Turk Launches - Save 60%
- A unique and enjoyable jaunt aboard the New Southern Belle
- Watch the sunset over the water as the evening lasts from 8pm until midnight
- Dine in style with a two course meal, for two people
- 1 voucher per person, may buy multiple as gifts
- Valid on these dates only: Sept 9th, 10th, 16th, 17th Oct 22nd, 23rd, 28th, 29th, Nov 5th, 6th, 19th, 20th
- Sep/Oct cruise is Richmond-Hampton Court, Nov cruise is Kingston-Hampton Court
- Advance booking essential, please have voucher and security codes ready
- Subject to availability
- Not valid with other offers
Many things have happened in the past 300 years. Here are the individual highlights as chosen by the Groupon editorial team: The French Revolution, Disney, VE Day, Titanic (the film), Vending machines, Emancipation (general), Sliced bread and one of our editorial staff was born. Most of these fail in comparison to the fact that Turk Launches, the prestigious Thames River cruise company, are celebrating their 300th year of sailing the high seas... rivers. You can join the festivities with this excellent offer of a four hour cruise for two people, with jazz, food and drinks for only £74!
The family company can be traced back to 1710 when it was established by Richard Turk; although records of Turk built boats extend back to the 12th Century. The focus was primarily on building passenger wherries and fishing punts, but reputation soon spread and Turks expanded into making boats for English and foreign royalty, exporting pleasure craft - especially touring canoes and skiffs - all over the world, often winning prizes at international exhibitions. One project even involved building boats for the amusement of Queen Victoria on the Home Park waters.
When you board at either Richmond or Kingston (depending on date) you will be greeted with canapes and a glass of bubbly. Live jazz music will keep things smooth and you can dine in style with a two course meal and a bottle of wine. Your halfway point is the picturesque and historical Hampton Court, before returning to your boarding point (no need to paddle back).
What people are saying...
"It was a most pleasant day - boat, food, jazz band, drinks were excellent. All your details are in our file and we will most certainly use you again!"
"The whole experience was really enjoyable, the staff were really friendly & helpful and the boat perfect!"