Afternoon Tea For Two (£14) or Four (£26) at Mercure Letchworth Hall Hotel (59% Off)
- 17th century manor house hotel
- Eight acres of private grounds
- Close to market towns including Hitchin and Baldock
- Traditional Hertfordshire afternoon tea
- Includes fruit scones, clotted cream, and preserves
- Homemade patisseries and sandwiches also served
- Selection of speciality teas
- Champagne available for £7 surcharge per person
- 25% off offered for a return visit for Sunday lunch
Limit 1 per person. May buy multiple as gifts. Booking required. 24 hour cancellation policy. Valid 12pm-4pm only. ‘Pink Fizz Afternoon Tea’ available for £7 surcharge per person. Must be 18 or older with valid ID to consume alcohol.
See the rules that apply to all deals.
Following on from the dinner jacket and birthday suit, the Tea Shirt was a special garment worn to pour leaf-induced flavours. Don the right gear for today’s Groupon from Mercure Letchworth Hall Hotel.
• £14 for an afternoon tea for two with scones and sandwiches
• £26 for an afternoon tea for four with scones and sandwiches
Boasting time-tested brickwork dating back to the 17th century, Mercure Letchworth Hall treats tired heads and rumbling bellies with elegant furnishings and innovative culinary treats. The former manor house welcomes visitors into eight acres of private grounds, with verdant views pleasing eyes while tongues are tickled with traditional British cuisine and a range of afternoon teas. Sleep-seekers can also find refuge in the hotel’s many en suite rooms, resting legs or taking a short stroll to nearby market town sights.
Rolling into leafy Hertfordshire surroundings, hungry double acts can please palates with the hotel’s coveted afternoon tea servings. The tastes will begin with a selection of fruit scones, clotted cream, and preserves, followed by homemade patisseries and an array of sandwiches. After sinking teeth into fillings including Scottish smoked salmon and free range egg with mustard cress, pairings can end by washing down flavours with a choice of warming speciality teas. Bubble lovers can upgrade to a Pink Fizz afternoon tea for an additional £7 per person.
Mercure Letchworth Hall has received many positive reviews, and is rated 3/5 stars by TripAdvisors. While some guests encountered a wait for service, reviewers write favourably of the hotel’s afternoon tea, and the quality and presentation of food attract special mention.
Spent the afternoon with an old friend, by the fire with a delicious cream tea, nothing was too much trouble we were treated like royalty - can highly recommend this hotel for meeting friends, rest and relaxation.
– tavistock1, TripAdvisor, Jan 2012