Northumberland: Two Night Stay For Two With Wine and Breakfast for £94 at Roxbro House (Up to 54% Off)
- Awarded five stars, Breakfast Award and Gold Award by Enjoy England
- Opposite Warkworth Castle
- Lavish, classic furnishings
- Lounge with homemade cakes
- Double or twin room
- Glass of wine on arrival
- Victorian style en-suite with Gilchrist and Soames toiletries
- Wide breakfast selection
- Fresh fruit, mineral water, LCD TV and DVD player in room
- Free Wi-Fi
Limit 1 per 2 people. May buy multiple as gifts. Check availability dates for Room 1, Room 3 and Geoffrey's Room at www.roxbrohouse.co.uk/2008-our-rooms.php. Email email@example.com with 7 days' notice and Groupon codes, name, contact details and preferred dates. 7 day cancellation policy. Valid for Sun-Thu stays only. Check-in from 4pm; check-out by 11am. Must be 18 or over with valid ID for wine option. Valid for stay in double or twin en-suite room. Room upgrades available for a supplementary cost. For further details enquire upon booking. Light supper and afternoon tea available at discounted price; enquire upon booking. Children welcome to stay by prior arrangement only. Original value based on hotel rack rates.
See the rules that apply to all deals.
Facing the 12th century façade of Warkworth Castle, the luxury hospitality of this five star hotel is steeped in the medieval reaches of an historically-rich Northumberland landscape.
Go back in time with today's Groupon from Roxbro House:
• £94 for a two night stay for two (up to 54% off)
In a double or twin room with wine on arrival and breakfast each morning
This five star lodging melds the personal service of a bed and breakfast with the luxury conferred by sumptuous furnishings, and extra touches like the award-winning lavish breakfast. The 19th century building stands in the medieval village of Warkworth and boasts two guest lounges and a garden terrace. Interiors are filled with antique furniture dressed up in white linens and fine bone china, while the lounge hosts a complimentary selection of homemade cakes.
Less than 15 minutes from the hotel, Alnwick Castle sits atop a hill adjacent to 12 acres of richly landscaped gardens. Visit Alnwick Garden and the castle to experience £42 million's worth of flora and fauna, and the reaches of a majestic castle seen in major blockbusters. With a bit more of a drive, visitors can embark upon the 84 mile National Trail of Hadrian's Wall. The path stretches from coast to coast, traversing a multi-hued diversity of English landscapes. Set at the Walltown Crags section of the wall, the Roman Army Museum displays a wealth of excavation finds and reconstructs Hadrian's Wall as it was some 2000 years ago.
• Double or twin room with Victorian styled en suite bathroom
• Two of three available rooms with views over castle and village
• Fresh fruit, mineral water, honesty bar, daily fresh milk, and Fortnum and Mason tea and coffee selection in room
• LCD flat screen TV, DVD player, and iPod docking station in room. DVD selection available from hotel.
• Glass of wine each on arrival
• Goose down duvets and pillows, 1000 count Egyptian cotton bedding, Egyptian towels, bathrobes and slippers
• Gilchrist and Soames toiletries
• Morning newspapers available to order
• Breakfast selection each morning includes Full English, Craster kipper, porridge, smoked haddock hash, fresh fruit juices, fruit, and yoghurt
• Free Wi-Fi
Rail: Acklington Rail Station is around a 10 minute drive from the hotel. The station connects to much of the UK via a 40 minute (approx.) journey to Newcastle Station.
Road: Leave the A1 at Alnwick to join the A1068 which will take you into Warkworth.
Roxbro House received high praise from TripAdvisor users, who rated the hotel a dreamy 5/5 and helped it become a TripAdvisor Traveller’s Choice 2012 Winner. Among the compliments, special mentions went to the hotel’s décor and location, welcoming atmosphere, and the extra touches that made the service stand out for guests.
From the welcome, to the bedroom, to the little touches (like fresh milk outside your door in the morning for your 1st cup of tea of the day), to the breakfast, everything was first class.
– yvonnestephens, TripAdvisor, Feb 2012
The whole house is amazing and is decorated beautifully. There are two sitting rooms to relax in, one with a selection of books and info on Northumberland and the northeast , the other has the honesty bar and a view of the castle.
– MrsJA40, TripAdvisor, Mar 2012