Oxfordshire: Upper Thames Barge Day Cruise For One, Two, Four, or Ten With Four Course Lunch and Cream Tea from £89 aboard the Barge Louisa (Up to 65% Off)
- Elegant luxury Dutch barge
- Based at historic Mapledurham House in rural Oxfordshire
- Kitchen uses locally sourced ingredients where possible
- Bar and sun deck area
- River cruise experience lasting seven hours
- Sails towards Goring and back
- Four course lunch served on the deck or on the salon table
- Bucks Fizz on arrival
- Cream tea before departure
- Tea and coffee all day
Valid from 4 May to 31 August 2012. Limit 1 per 1, 2, 4, or 10 people. May buy multiple as gifts. Booking required by phone: 07767 757667, or by email at: email@example.com. 30 day cancellation policy. Valid Mon-Fri only. Boarding at 10am; disembarkation at 5pm. Health and safety questionnaire to be completed prior to embarkation. 10 person option will include exclusive use of the barge. Includes Bucks Fizz on arrival, four course meal, cream tea plus tea and coffee all day. All additional drinks incur surcharges. Menu subject to change. Valid for option purchased only. Original values verified 23 April 2012 at 10am.
See the rules that apply to all deals.
Idling past the weeping willows and chirping wildlife of the Upper Thames, the luxury Barge Louisa provides an indulgently gentle river trip into the verdant heart of rural Oxfordshire.
Enjoy a boatload of delights with today's Groupon from Barge Louisa. Choose from the following options:
Seven hour Upper Thames day cruise
With a four course meal, Bucks Fizz on arrival, cream tea, and hot drinks available all day
• £89 for one person (55% off)
• £159 for two people (60% off)
• £319 for four people (60% off)
• £699 for ten people and exclusive use of the barge (65% off)
Rufurbished in 2010 and decked out with a floating array of cosy treats, this Dutch barge bobs along in starry style with its elegant décor, a ship-shape crew, and cosy cabins for overnight excursions. The Louisa’s chic dining area matches candlelit grandeur with an international menu, using Oxfordshire produce where possible. A glorious sun deck provides opportunities for open air basking, and a bar serving chilled out drinks can provide a refreshing accompaniment to scenic country views.
• Boarding at 10am with Bucks Fizz on arrival and a full safety briefing from the captain
• Embarkation from Mapledurham House at 11am, with complimentary tea and coffee available on request
• Mooring at 12.30pm, as the deck or salon table is laid for lunch
• Four course lunch served at 1pm, with starter, main, dessert and cheese board. Meal may include a starter such as Thai fish cakes with sweet chilli sauce, a main of chicken breast cooked in brandy and white wine, with bacon, mushrooms, garlic, and seasonal veg, and dessert of fresh strawberries and cream.
• Return journey to Mapledurham House at 2.30pm
• Arrival at 4pm, with cream tea
• Disembark at 5pm
Train: Mapledurham House is roughly five miles from Reading Rail Station and low-cost trips can be made from London Paddington, Glasgow Central, Cardiff Central, Manchester Piccadilly, and Birmingham New Street.
Road: Reading is easily accessible from London and Bristol at Junction 10 of the M4. Drivers should head into central Reading, and follow signs toward Caversham and then Mapledurham. When arriving at Mapledurham village, follow the road through until the house is in sight.
Barge LouisaLuxury cruise along
the River Thames .