£14.75 for Top Price Ticket to The Awkward Squad at The Arts Theatre (Up to 50% Off)
- Comedy from BAFTA-winning Emmerdale writer, Karin Young
- Starring Charlie Hardwick, Barbara Marten, Libby Davison, and Lisa McGrillis
- Close to Leicester Square and Picadilly Circus tube stations
- One top priced ticket
- Can purchase multiple
- Valid for both evening and matinée shows
Limit 1 per person. May buy multiple as gifts. Booking required online at http://awkwardsquad.tsd-aff.com/tickets/web_finder.buy/awkward-squad-arts-theatre.html using Groupon codes. Valid Mon-Thu 7.30pm; Thu and Sat 3pm. Excludes £2.50 booking fee. Original valued based on top price ticket.
See the rules that apply to all deals.
Funnily enough, comedy lovers are also avid fans of fruity juice drinks, which would also explain their penchant for punch lines. Swallow some laughs with today’s Groupon: £14.75 for a top priced ticket to The Awkward Squad at The Arts Theatre.
The Awkward Squad follows the story of Lorna, an older woman looking to wind down, but instead has to deal with actual real problems, such as her granddaughter’s breast-sizing troubles. The all-female cast acts out a script that weaves together each of their lives – complete with all the modern day challenges that come with it – expertly tickling some funny bones with wit and sharp comic timing along the way.
About the show
This rip-roaring production was penned by BAFTA-winning writer, Karin Young, spilling her overflowing creative juices into a theatrical script designed to split some sides while also dishing out some social commentary. The cast shines out with familiar faces from the bubbly world of soaps and TV drama. Barbara Marten, known for her roles in Casualty, Coronation Street, and Brookside, carries the lead, while her female counterparts include Emmerdale’s Charlie Hardwick, Hollyoaks and The Bill’s Libby Davison, and Shakespearean stage veteran, Lisa McGrillis.
• Thursday and Saturday matinée performances begin at 3pm
• Monday to Thursday evening performances begin at 7.30pm
• Nearest tube stations: Covent Garden and Leicester Square
• Booking required online; seats are allocated after redemption
1. Buy your Groupon
2. We email you the voucher instantly
3. Go to http://awkwardsquad.tsd-aff.com/tickets/web_finder.buy/awkward-squad-arts-theatre.html to redeem your tickets and be allocated a seat.
4. Must redeem by 19th March 2012 at 11.59pm
NOTE: Groupon vouchers will not be accepted as a valid form of entry.
The Awkward Squad has received a number of positive reviews from critics, including comments from The London Evening Standard and WhatsOnStage.com. Particular highlights include the witty writing and the inventive staging.
Ultimately The Awkward Squad is funny and sharply written - a real testament to womens' [sic] spirit of togetherness and how perhaps, just sometimes, they really don't need men at all.
– Will Stone, WhatsOnStage.com, Mar 2012
Writer Karin Young, a Bafta-winning contributor to Emmerdale, also craftily slips one of the most pertinent issues of the day in among the bickering and sharp one-liners: namely, is feminism taking backwards steps among young women?
– Fiona Mountford, The London Evening Standard, Mar 2012