What You'll Get
Choose Between Two Options
- £349 for an Active IQ QCF Level 2 fitness instruction course, distance learning
£349 for an Active IQ QCF Level 2 fitness instruction course, intense course
- Designed to show participants how to plan and deliver effective training, these fitness instructor courses provide entry onto the Register of Exercise Professionals at Level 2
- Modules can be covered either in a classroom or via one year’s distance learning featuring Skype sessions with tutors and e-tutorials
- After 157 hours of study, students can try to pass two theory exams and a practical exam to gain their certificate
- This course also requires a level of communication including reading, writing, presenting and discussion group
- Students are required to have a confident level of communication.
- Mandatory units include: anatomy and physiology for exercise - H/600/9013 | Know how to support clients who take part in exercise and physical activity - M/600/9015 | Health, safety and welfare in a fitness environment - T/600/9016 | principles of exercise, fitness and health - A/600/9017 | planning gym-based exercise | instructing gym-based exercise
- Initial course dates: 7 - 11 August 2017 | 31 August - 1 September 2017 | 9 - 10 September 2017 | 18 - 22 September 2017 | 12 - 13 October 2017 | 28 - 29 October 2017
- Check for more date here
- This qualification is assessed by: coursework | portfolio of evidence | practical demonstration/assignment | multiple-choice exam
- Workshops are run regularly throughout the year, although they are not compulsory; the merchant offers the following three options to encourage participant’s attendance:
- Option one: students can complete all e-learning modules via home study and then attend a five-day workshop for theory and practical applications of the course; workshops run Monday to Friday; at the end of the workshop, participants can be ready to sit their theory and practical assessment
- Option two: students can complete all e-learning modules via home study and then attend a centre for four weekends; weekends are run one per month
- Option three: blended workshops - students can complete all e-learning modules via home study, followed by four online support meetings with a tutor., and two days face-to-face for practical and theory-based assessments; this option is ideal for anyone who already has a health and fitness background
National Academy of Training
National Academy of Training offers flexibility for learners with its range of exercise courses. Budding trainers wanting to fast-forward their schooling can opt for a full time workshop, while those who wish to learn in their own time at home can opt for distance learning. Courses on offer include instructing kettlebells, studio cycling and nutrition for physical activity.
The Fine Print
Expires 4 months after purchase.Limit 1 per person, may buy 5 additional as gifts. Booking required, please call 0121 296 5823; provide Groupon codes. 7-day advanced booking required for intense course. Present Groupon on arrival. 24-hour cancellation policy. New customers only. Must be 16 or over. Equipment provided. Class maximum size: 14 dependent on demand more class times can be given. Certificate of completion will be received within 4-6 weeks. Online course includes one-to-one skype sessions with a qualified member. 8 instructors available each day at any one time. Only for the Gym qualification and not ETM or water-based. Includes two theory exams that require a pass mark of 70%. Includes a practical exam at a choice of locations; face-to-face for practical is provided before exam. Valid only for option purchased. Skype sessions for distance course are available Mon-Fri 8am-8pm, Sat 9.30am-4pm. Class times for intense course: Mon-Sat 10am-4.30pm.
About National Academy of Training
Endorsed by boxers and Premier League footballers alike, National Academy offers flexibility for learners with its range of exercise courses. Budding trainers wanting to fast-forward their schooling can opt for a full-time course, while those who wish to learn in their own time at home can take a distance course. Subjects range from personal training and boot camp instruction to exercise to music, with centres based throughout the UK.