In a Nutshell
Supplied as three plants in a single pot, this variety can complement most contemporary gardens or patios
- Small, deciduous trees
- Autumn colour
- Colourful mix of three hardy plants
- Starting in the spring, one should see the acid green, green and red leaves gradually emerge from the individual plants, then into summer, they shall start a transition through green and red and then; shades of fiery orange, yellow and red as the autumn progresses
- Supplied as three separate varieties of Acer palmatum
- Grown together in a single pot
- Varieties included: Atropurpureum, Orange Dream and Going Green
- Leaf colour is best in partial shade, although full sun can be tolerated
- Leaf scorch can be caused by lack of soil moisture or excessive exposure
- Expected height at maturity: 4m
- Bloom period: May and June
- If the soil is slightly acidic, then you have the perfect conditions to grow Japanese maples - however, do not worry if you have not as most can be grown in other soils as long as they are not wet, dry or very alkaline
- If the growing in a pot, use a 50/50 mix of ericaceous and multipurpose compost if you can - although again do not worry overly about this
- If planting in the garden, prepare a wide hole and loosen the soil with a fork, incorporating organic matter as needed to improve moisture retention and condition
- Plant the Acer so that the top of the root ball is just slightly below ground level
- Fill the planting hole with soil and heel well in - water well
- Leaf colour is best in partial shade, although full sun can be tolerated as long as the plant is well watered
- Avoid exposed places as leaves can suffer from windburn (scorch), especially if the plant is dry.=
- Allow the Japanese Maple to get used to a whole day in the sun by starting it off in the shade, then standing it in its final sunny spot (in a pot or in the garden soil) for one hour longer every day for a week
- Water regularly and deeply
- Mulch every couple of years with well-rotted garden compost or well-rotted manure or leaf mould
- Acers generally do not need pruning, just remove any branches that are dead or damaged
Images shown are for guidance only of the expected results from plants upon maturity. Different growing conditions may vary results.
Customers should check whether plants are suitable for their homes and gardens before purchasing.
See here for care recommendations for garden products.
Shipping only to most of GB mainland. Not available for the Scottish Highlands and all islands.
The Fine Print
Dear customer, following the implementation of restrictive measures by the UK government aimed to contain the spread of Covid-19 (also known as Coronavirus), deliveries may suffer delays throughout the United Kingdom.
Delivery: £1.99 (not included). Allow 7 working days (Monday to Friday). Shipping only to most of GB mainland. Not available for the Scottish Highlands and all islands.
Your order: At checkout you will be prompted to enter a delivery address. Delivery address cannot be amended after order is placed.
Returns and queries: Products sold by Groupon Goods Global GmbH. For this deal the Terms of Sale and the Returns Policy of Groupon Goods Global GmbH are applicable. For more on Groupon Goods Global GmbH, see the FAQ.