Clients can experience a day in life of a professional brewer, learn the beer making process and try to brew some ale themselves
All reviews are from people who have redeemed deals with this merchant.
What You'll Get
Choose Between Two Options
- £75 for a Brewer for the Day experience with lunch for one (50% off)
- £150 for a Brewer for the Day experience with lunch for two (50% off)
- 8 a.m. - meet the brewer and get shown around
- 8.15 a.m. - safety talk and first brew of the day - tea or coffe
- 8.40 a.m. - mash and talk about the grain
- 10 a.m. - mash out and sparge
- 10.30 a.m. - tea break
- 11.30 a.m. - clean out the mash tun
- midday - weigh out hops
- 12.30 p.m. - two-minute walk to the Nook corner coffee shop for lunch
- 1.30 p.m. - talk on hops and how and when to use them
- 2.30 p.m. - cooling and cleaning
- 3.30 p.m. - pitch yeast
- 4.30 - 5 p.m. - finish
The Fine Print
Expires 4 months after purchase. Limit 1 per 1 person or 2 people, may buy 3 additional as gifts. Mandatory booking required. Check availability here and book here. Provide Groupon code. Same day appointments accepted. Valid for option purchased only. Valid Tues-Wed-Thurs 8am-5pm. Please advise of any food allergies. Sensible clothing and no open footwear. Feet must be completely covered. Longer hair must be tied back. No jewellery can be worn.
About Anstey Ale Brewery
Originated as a small brewing project in the village of Anstey, from which its name comes, Anstey Ale Brewery offers a range of traditional beers, as well as some more experimental brews. These include a bitter Packhorse Bridge, Darkroom oatmeal stout, and some classic IPAs. Clients will find both powerful beer flavours and some more delicate ones brewed in collaboration with local landlords.