Visit this historic castle to enjoy a two-course meal and a glass of wine; mains available may include stuffed pheasant and rack of lamb
What You'll Get
- Type of cuisine: British
- What’s included: two-course candlelight dinner with a glass of red, white or rosé wine, all served in a 17th-century castle | 20% off bottles of wine, excluding Champagne | 10% off any room bookings when booked directly and before 31 March 2020
- Choose a starter and main course
- Starters available include: soup of the day with croutons | duck parfait with orange Cointreau and toast | ham hock terrine with piccalilli puree and pickled veg | salmon and crayfish mousse with cucumber yoghurt and crackers | vegetable terrine with toast | tomato and goats’ cheese tart with salad and balsamic
- Mains available include: rack of lamb with honey and oregano glaze and mash | stuffed pheasant with blackcurrant glaze and mash | turkey with butter gravy and roast potatoes | chicken and haggis with new potatoes and pepper sauce | vegetable wellington with Mediterranean veggies and harissa sauce | spicy salmon fillet with blue cheese sauce and new potatoes | Penang curry with rice and lime wedge
- Smart casual dress code applies
The Fine Print
Expires 90 days after purchase. Limit 4 per 2 or 4 people, may buy 4 additional as gifts. Mandatory online booking required at least 24 hours in advance. Check availability here and book here. Confirmed bookings can be cancelled or amended up to 7 days before the appointment. 14-day cancellation rights only apply if the booking can still be cancelled. Must be 16 or older. Must be 18 or older with a valid ID to consume alcohol. Soft drink alternative available for under 18s. Valid for set menu only. Menu is seasonal and subject to change. Limit 8 people per booking. Valid for option purchased only. Stuffed pheasant may contain lead pellets. Dietary requirements can be catered for; customers must call the merchant at least 24 hours in advance to discuss. No step-free access available. Groupon voucher holders receive 20% off bottles of wine, excluding Champagne. Groupon voucher holders receive 10% off any room bookings when booked direct before 31 Mar 2020. Smart casual dress code applies; no ripped jeans, shorts, wellingtons, walking boots or trainers.
About Appleby Castle
Nestled in the heart of the Eden Valley, Appleby Castle is a motte and bailey castle formerly held by the kings of England and Scotland, and boasts one of the few remaining intact Norman keeps. The history of Appleby Castle reaches back to Roman times, when a fort existed on the site to protect the crossing over the River Eden. Now, the castle is available for private celebrations, conferences, filming and sporting events. During the summer months, social events such as open-air theatre and battle reenactments are held on site.