Visit this historic castle to enjoy a charcuterie lunch with a selection of sliced meats, cheeses, and olives, accompanied by wine or juice
About This Deal
- Type of cuisine: British
- What’s included: castle grounds entry with charcuterie lunch for two adults or children
- Lunch includes: selection of sliced meats | local cheeses | sundried tomatoes | marinated olives | selection of breads, crackers, chutneys, and salad garnish | two glasses of house wine
- Children’s lunch includes: carrot and cucumber sticks | sun-dried tomatoes | red pepper hummus | caramelised onion hummus | Tzatziki and a selection of breads | two glasses of juice or coke
- Vegetarian options available
- Valid Wednesday - Sunday
- Lunch served from midday to 3 p.m.
- Grounds open 10.30 a.m. - 4.30 p.m.
About Appleby Castle
Nestled in the heart of the Eden Valley, Appleby Castle is a motte and bailey castle formerly held by the kings of England and Scotland, and boasts one of the few remaining intact Norman keeps. The history of Appleby Castle reaches back to Roman times, when a fort existed on the site to protect the crossing over the River Eden. Now, the castle is available for private celebrations, conferences, filming and sporting events. During the summer months, social events such as open-air theatre and battle reenactments are held on site.