Aspiring skiers and snowboarders can learn basic skills and techniques necessary to enjoy a thrilling ride down the slope
All reviews are from people who have redeemed deals with this merchant.
What You'll Get
Choose from Five Options
- £28.50 for a ski or snowboarding level one lesson for one (up to 60% off)
- £50 for a ski or snowboarding level one lesson for two (up to 65% off)
- £26.50 for a ski or snowboard level two lesson for one (up to 60% off)
- £26.50 for a ski or snowboard level three lesson for one (up to 60% off)
- £75 for a full day of lessons (up to 24% off)
Other snow activities may incur additional charges. Waterproof jackets and trousers available for hire at an additional charge of £8, payable directly to merchant on redemption. Gloves are compulsory on any snow activity and available to buy for £5.
Beginner level one lesson
- Ideal for those who are new to skiing or snowboarding
- Level one lesson takes up to 110 minutes
- Instructor gives an introduction to the equipment and focuses on balance and posture
- Ski – perfect sliding, developing snow plough to control speed and stopping
- Snowboard – focus on controlling speed on toe and heel edge
Beginner level two lesson
- Level two lesson takes up to 110 minutes
- Ski – begin by using snowplough to vary speed then learn how to make snowplough turns
- Snowboard – get to grips with travelling diagonally as well as steering straight and back
Beginner level three lesson
- Level three lesson takes up to 110 minutes; starts on the Beginner Slope and moves to the lower Main Slope to learn to use the button lift
- Ski – develop snowplough turns
- Snowboard - focus on turns and linking them together
Full-day beginners’ lesson or course
- Ideal for those new to snow-sports
- Learn to keep balance and posture
- Focus on controlling speed and linking turns
- Become confident on the slopes
Can’t ski? Worried that there’s a cut-off age, after which no-one can learn it? Picking up skiing might not be just a passing fancy, but a proper investment in the future. Students at university or corporate workers often face the prospect of a fashionable ski retreat, where bonding and networking happens spontaneously on the slopes. Those without experience might feel apprehensive to go, but equally unwilling to be left out. There’s no need to feel conflicted, though - anyone can pick up some solid skills with the help of this three-level skiing deal.
With the help of an experienced instructor, beginners can choose the class that best fits their skills, and go from there. Depending on their confidence, they can use this Chill Factore deal to learn the proper balance, sliding, turns, and speed control, and enjoy the thrills of swishing through the snow on their own.
The Fine Print
Expires 30 days after purchase. Limit 1 per 1 or 2 people, may buy 10 additional as gifts. Booking required, please call 01617492222; provide Groupon code. Early booking highly recommended. Present Groupon on arrival. No cancellations once booked. 5-day rescheduling policy. Must be 6 or older for skiing and 8 or older for snowboarding. Any guest under 10 must be accompanied by a paying adult. Please aim to arrive 45 min in advance of your booked activity time, to collect tickets and equipment. Admission may be refused if late for booked appointment. Ski/snowboards and boots are provided for tasters and lessons. Snowboots and helmets are provided. **Waterproof jackets and trousers available for hire at an additional charge of £8, payable directly to merchant on redemption. Gloves are compulsory on any snow activity and available to buy for £5; payable directly to merchant on redemption.** **Other snow activities may incur additional charges.** Customers are welcome to bring their own equipment. Valid for option purchased only.
About Chill Factore
Chill Factore is located at Beyond, four miles from Manchester city centre and right next to the Trafford Centre. The 180-metre indoor slope is made from real snow, and enjoyed by novices and experts alike. Skiing and snowboarding lessons cater for all skill levels, and winter aficionados of all ages can frolic in the Snow Park. After bursts of snowy activity, guests can take advantage of the shops and restaurants at Beyond.