In a Nutshell
Ideal for brightening dreary winter days, this hardy plant is easy to grow and requires little maintenance; supplied in a 9cm nursery pot
- Upright deciduous shrub that is popular for its flaming winter stems which glow in shades of yellow, orange and red
- Bright green foliage in summer compliments the small white flowers, which are followed by blue-black berries in autumn
- Leaves slowly take on autumn shades of orange and red before dropping to reveal the stems underneath
- At maturity expect a height of 3m (10”) and spread of 2.5m (8”)
- Ideal for low maintenance gardens or cottage gardens
- Hardiness: hardy
- Position: in full sun
- Flowering months: June and July
- Supplied as pot grown plant in a 9cm nursery pot
- Full planting and after-care instructions supplied
Caution: Dogwood berries are harmful if eaten and the leaves may be irritant to skin and eyes. Plant Cornus sanguinea in a sunny position, in any well-drained soil. Incorporate plenty of well-rotted manure or garden compost to improve the soil prior to planting, mixing it thoroughly and deeply. Cornus sanguinea will happily grow in improved clay soils.
Caution: toxic to pets.
Images shown are for guidance only of the expected results from plants upon maturity. Different growing conditions may vary results.
Customers should check whether plants are suitable for their homes and gardens before purchasing.
See here for care recommendations for garden products.
The Fine Print
Delivery: £1.99 (not included). Allow 7 working days (Monday to Friday).
Your order: At checkout you will be prompted to enter a delivery address. Delivery address cannot be amended after order is placed.
Returns and queries: Products sold by Groupon Goods Global GmbH. For this deal the Terms of Sale and the Returns Policy of Groupon Goods Global GmbH are applicable. For more on Groupon Goods Global GmbH, see the FAQ.