With chalked hands and supplied shoes gripping the wall firmly, beginner climbers learn the basics during a 90-minute taster session
About This Deal
- What’s included: 90-minute rope climbing taster session in rope for one, two, four, or six
Must be 18 or older
- All equipment provided
Indoor Rope Climbing FAQs
- Is it secure? Rope climbing gyms typically require a safety course on proper belaying techniques, knots, and other fundamentals for top-rope courses and have designated “beginner” courses for first timers.
- What should participants wear? Loose-fitting clothing that they can easily move around in. You’ll be able to grab climbing shoes, harness, and other necessary gear onsite.
- Do participants have to be in good shape? Not really—climbing gyms have courses that cater to a wide range of fitness levels. Generally speaking, if participants can climb a ladder they can indoor rope climb.
- What if participants are afraid of heights? Try bouldering, which takes place on shorter walls and doesn’t require harnesses or other top-rope gear. Bouldering focuses more on moving sideways than vertically, so climbers rarely get more than 10–12 feet off the ground.
About Everyone Active Westway Sports & Fitness Centre
Everyone Active Westway Sports & Fitness Centre offers a host of facilities, such as eight all-weather football pitches, eight indoor tennis courts, and a giant climbing wall. There are also facilities for cricket, netball, and basketball, as well as more unusual options like bike polo, which replaces horses with bicycles, or adaptive yoga to help people living with mobility disabilities. Various programmes are also offered to try and help aid children's sports development.