Sightseers can observe the Firth of Forth’s 19th- and 20th-century bridges as well as spectate the newly built crossing
What You'll Get
- What’s included:
- With bridges, blustery islands and all manner of wildlife to gaze on, the valiant New Forth Princess will escort guests on a cruise of the iconic Firth of Forth
- This 90-minute trip offers views of the 19th-century rail bridge and 20th-century road crossing, as well as the recently built bridge, flying the flag for the 21st century
- Observe the spectacular, 15th-century Blackness Castle
- Sailors can stand on the outdoor observation decks for a chance to see local wildlife, including seabirds and seals
- Cream tea includes tea and coffee, as well as a scone with jam and cream each
- Departure time: please check the timetable at https://www.forthtours.com/calendar/
- Departure location: Hawes Pier, South Queensferry unless otherwise stated in the timetable
- Please contact the merchant directly for free admission for children under 5
Visiting Edinburgh and looking for attractions off the beaten track? It doesn’t get any more “off the beaten track” than a boat tour on the Firth of Forth. This Forth Boat Tours deal for two is a chance to see the Blackness castle and the three bridges spanning the Firth between Queensferry and North Queensferry from a different perspective. To help the passengers keep warm during the cruise, cream tea or coffee is served with a light refreshment. The Forth Boat Tours operate out of Queensferry and can easily be reached from Edinburgh by rail. Tourists who are looking for something to do on the last day of their stay can still catch a late-afternoon or evening flight back home from the nearby Edinburgh Airport.
The Fine Print
Valid 1 Nov - 31 mar 2020. Limit 3 per 2 people, may buy 7 additional as gifts. Book online at www.forthtours.com at least 48 hours in advance; provide Groupon code. Present Groupon on arrival. 48-hour cancellation policy. Under 18's must be accompanied by an adult. For valid times and dates, and access for people with disabilities, please check the website https://www.forthtours.com/calendar/. Valid Mon-Sun on daytime sightseeing cruises. Tour lasts approx. 90 minutes. Cafe Bar available onboard. Clients are advised to bring waterproof clothing on wet days. Departure point: Hawes Pier, South Queensferry unless otherwise stated in the timetable. Forth Boat Tours reserves the right to cancel any cruise where the minimum number of passengers is not reached. All tours and cruises are subject to weather conditions at the time of sailing. The skipper's decision is final. In the event of a cruise cancellation, alternative sailing date and time will be offered within the dates of the offer. All cancellations must be received in writing to email@example.com. Telephone cancellations are not accepted. The boat is scheduled to depart at the stated time. No refund will be made to passengers who miss their sailing time. Children aged 5-15 must be accompanied by a full paying adult.
About Forth Boat Tours
The team at Forth Boat Tours sends clients on voyages for daytime sightseeing and traditional excursions. Departing from Hawes Pier or Port Edgar Marina in South Queensferry, their vessels come complete with cafe and bar facilities. Guided commentary is available for some of the voyages.