Surrounded by 40 acres of lush parkland, Bagden Hall Hotel is set in a Victorian-era country estate, located centrally between Leeds and Sheffield. This secluded area offers a relaxing time surrounded by nature with views of woodland and the private lake located on the grounds of the estate. Denby Dale railways station is only two miles away.
Rooms are split into two categories. Four-poster suites boast period decor, making travellers feel like they stepped through time. The lakeside rooms, on the other hand, offer more modern furnishings, allowing for contemporary comforts and picturesque views. All of the rooms sport flat-screen TVs, Wi-Fi connection and tea and coffee equipment.
When peckish, guests can wander downstairs to a brightly-lit, airy restaurant and take a seat under one of the big windows looking out onto the grounds. For a more casual feel, on-site bar and bistro serve a selection of snacks and all meals can be taken on the terrace if the weather permits. Patrons can also make use of the prepared barbecue area or choose to partake in the tradition of afternoon tea.
Follow the Groupon advises to buy the perfect gift for a Travel lover.
Groupon’s Guide to Huddersfield
Located in West Yorkshire, halfway between Leeds and Manchester, Huddersfield boasts a rich history as well as a charming atmosphere. Here, in the 18th century, at the crossroads of numerous wars and rapid industrial development, the Luddite movement was born and tourists visiting the city may learn a lot about this fascinating chapter of British History just by walking the streets of Huddersfield.
But Huddersfield is a city of the “now” as much as it is a city of “then” and it does not forget that. Its Victorian architecture is treated with utmost care - Huddersfield railway station, dubbed by national poet laureate John Betjeman “the most splendid station façade in England” has been renovated at no small cost and the renovation efforts have received a prestigious Europa Nostra Award for European Architecture.
Valid Sunday - Thursday
- £59 for 1 night for two with breakfast and a glass of Prosecco (42% off)
- £89 for 1 night for two with breakfast, first-night three-course dinner and a bottle of house wine (47% off)
- £129 for 2 nights for two with breakfast, first-night three-course dinner and a bottle of house wine (50% off)
Valid Friday - Saturday
- £89 for 1 night for two with breakfast and a glass of Prosecco (13% off)
- £119 for 1 night for two with breakfast, first-night three-course dinner and a bottle of house wine (30% off)
- £159 for 2 nights for two with breakfast, first-night three-course dinner and a bottle of house wine (39% off)