Set just 10 minutes from the centre of Reykjavik, the four star Radisson Blu Saga Hotel boasts elegant interiors, on-site gym, and en suite rooms with flat-screen TVs and hot drink-making facilities. Guests can try various specialities served in the on-site restaurants, while the well-stock bar keeps thirsts under control.
Nestled in the heart of the city, Hotel Odinsve invites travellers to enjoy four star boutique accommodation and convenient access to the local attractions. Relaxation can be enjoyed in en suite rooms featuring Scandinavian decor and TVs, while the French-style bistro tempts the taste buds with dishes made with locally sourced fare.
The Northern Lights Tour
Visitors are invited to take part in a unique experience which happens at night time in the Northern Hemisphere and can be seen on dark winter nights. One of nature’s most spectacular displays appears in the sky in the form of different shapes, proportions and patterns, known as the Northern Lights.
- Duration: 3-5 hours
- Pick-up 30 minutes before the time displayed on the voucher at the bus terminal at Laekjartorg (please call 24 hours before the tour to confirm it)
- Please note that the weather conditions can be severe and the tour might be cancelled; sightings cannot be guaranteed even if the tour is operated; in such case, another tour will be offered free of charge
Golden Circle Tour
Travellers are invited to see Iceland’s natural phenomena including hot springs, waterfalls as well as the country’s best-known historical sites. The tour starts with a visit to the geothermal area of Nesjavellir, and continues with a stop at Þingvellir National Park. Highlights include a stopover at the tumbling Gullfoss waterfall, followed by a lunch break at Gullfoss Cafe or at the local Information Centre. Participants can also admire Geysir and Strokkur geysers, the Skálholt church and the horticultural village of Hveragerði.
- Please note that depending on weather conditions, visits to Nesjavellir cannot be guaranteed in the winter season
Blue Lagoon Tour
Those who prefer thermal escapades can visit the famous Blue Lagoon. Travellers can take a leisurely stroll or spend a day idling in the natural hot springs and bathing in geothermal mud believed to revitalise the skin. Towels and robes are available to hire, and each al fresco pool also comes with views of the lava field surrounding the area. On-site geothermal sauna and spa offer a wide range of massages and treatments, while unique skin care products can be bought in the shop.
- Includes transfers only; admission fee not included
- Time of departures will be confirmed at the time of booking
Groupon’s Guide To Reykjavik
One of the safest and cleanest cities of modern times, Reykjavik is located on the south-western coast of Iceland and it is also the world’s northernmost capital city.
With more than 100 pubs and clubs, many of them found on Laugavegur Street, a wide choice of beers, Iceland’s drink of choice since 1989, are available for sampling. An iconic landmark of the city, the looming Hallgrimskirkja Church offers visitors panoramic views of the city. Standing 15 metres high and weighing 25 tons, the church’s pipe organ is one of its key features, while the statue of Leifur Eiriksson, the first European to discover America, guards the entrance. The capital’s name translates to ‘Smoky Bay’, after the columns of steam that rise from the hot springs, which can still be visited today.
Reykjavik has a subpolar oceanic climate combined with temperate features due to the warm waters of the Gulf Stream. Global warming makes for a convenient climate, and although there are occasional droughts, visitors may benefit from 24 hours of daylight. Autumn is expected to be wet and cold, with temperatures under 10°C while the days are getting shorter and rainfall becomes frequent. During winter, the sky is cloudy with only four hours of daylight and the weather is cold with temperatures ranging from -3° to 2°C.
Option 1: with London flights and Northern Lights tour
- £199-£319 for 2 nights, depending on dates chosen
- £269-£399 for 3 nights, depending on dates chosen
- £349-£499 for 4 nights, depending on dates chosen
- £409-£579 for 5 nights, depending on dates chosen
- £369-£499 for 3 nights with Golden Circle and Blue Lagoon transfers, depending on dates chosen
Option 2: with Birmingham flights
- £339-£389 for 2 nights, depending on dates chosen
- £379-£449 for 3 nights, depending on dates chosen
- £459-£499 for 4 nights, depending on dates chosen
- £609-£739 for 5 nights, depending on dates chosen
Option 3: with Bristol flights
- £259-£359 for 2 nights, depending on dates chosen
- £349-£439 for 3 nights, depending on dates chosen
- £379-£469 for 4 nights, depending on dates chosen
- £519-£629 for 5 nights, depending on dates chosen
Option 4: with Edinburgh flights
- £239-£369 for 2 nights, depending on dates chosen
- £299-£449 for 3 nights, depending on dates chosen
- £359-£569 for 4 nights, depending on dates chosen
- £429-£639 for 5 nights, depending on dates chosen
Option 5: with Manchester flights
- £249-£429 for 2 nights, depending on dates chosen
- £299-£439 for 3 nights, depending on dates chosen
- £369-£579 for 4 nights, depending on dates chosen