Located in a peaceful area of Reykjavik, Arctic Comfort Hotel awaits guests within a walking distance from the Kringlan shopping centre and the city’s main outdoor area, Laugardalur. Guests are invited to unwind in en suite bedrooms which boast contemporary decor and flat-screen TVs.
Cabin Hotel awaits guests just a stone’s throw away from the Faxaflói Bay’s waterfront promenade and offers quick access to the city’s attractions. Rooms feature flat-screen TVs and en suite bathroom facilities. Appetites can be satisfied at the on-site restaurant, while the hotel’s bar offers an array of beverages.
The Northern Lights Tour
Visitors are invited to take part in a unique experience which happens at night time in the Northern Hemisphere and can be seen on dark winter nights. One of nature’s most spectacular displays appears in the sky in the form of different shapes, proportions and patterns, known as the Northern Lights.
- Duration: 3-5 hours
- Pick-up 30 minutes before the time displayed on the voucher at the bus terminal at Laekjartorg (please call 24 hours before the tour to confirm it)
- Please note that the weather conditions can be severe and the tour might be cancelled; sightings cannot be guaranteed even if the tour is operated; in such case, another tour will be offered free of charge
Golden Circle Tour
Travellers are invited to see Iceland’s natural phenomena including hot springs, waterfalls as well as the country’s best-known historical sites. The tour starts with a visit to the geothermal area of Nesjavellir, and continues with a stop at Þingvellir National Park. Highlights include a stopover at the tumbling Gullfoss waterfall, followed by a lunch break at Gullfoss Cafe or at the local Information Centre. Participants can also admire Geysir and Strokkur geysers, the Skálholt church and the horticultural village of Hveragerði.
- Please note that depending on weather conditions, visits to Nesjavellir cannot be guaranteed in the winter season
Blue Lagoon Transfers
Those who prefer thermal escapades can visit the famous Blue Lagoon. Travellers can take a leisurely stroll or spend a day idling in the natural hot springs and bathing in geothermal mud believed to revitalise the skin. Towels and robes are available to hire, and each al fresco pool also comes with views of the lava field surrounding the area. On-site geothermal sauna and spa offer a wide range of massages and treatments, while unique skin care products can be bought in the shop.
- Includes transfers only no admission but can be paid locally
- Time of departures will be confirmed at the time of booking
Groupon’s Guide To Reykjavik
One of the safest and cleanest cities of modern times, Reykjavik is located on the south-western coast of Iceland and it is also the world’s northernmost capital city.
With more than 100 pubs and clubs, many of them found on Laugavegur Street, a wide choice of beers, Iceland’s drink of choice since 1989, are available for sampling. An iconic landmark of the city, the looming Hallgrimskirkja Church offers visitors panoramic views of the city. Standing 15 metres high and weighing 25 tons, the church’s pipe organ is one of its key features, while the statue of Leifur Eiriksson, the first European to discover America, guards the entrance. The capital’s name translates to ‘Smoky Bay’, after the columns of steam that rise from the hot springs, which can still be visited today.
Reykjavik has a subpolar oceanic climate combined with temperate features due to the warm waters of the Gulf Stream. Global warming makes for a convenient climate, and although there are occasional droughts, visitors may benefit from 24 hours of daylight. Autumn is expected to be wet and cold, with temperatures under 10°C while the days are getting shorter and rainfall becomes frequent. During winter, the sky is cloudy with only four hours of daylight and the weather is cold with temperatures ranging from -3° to 2°C.
Option 1: with London flights
- £189-£249 for 2 nights with 1 tour, depending on dates chosen
£269-£439 for 3 nights with 1 tour, depending on dates chosen
- £324-£494 for 3 nights with 2 tours, depending on dates chosen
£374-£544 for 4 nights with 2 tours, depending on dates chosen
- £404-£574 for 4 nights with 3 tours, depending on dates chosen
Option 2: with Bristol flights
- £269 for 2 nights with 1 tour
£289-£439 for 3 nights with 1 tour, depending on dates chosen
- £344-£494 for 3 nights with 2 tours, depending on dates chosen
£464-£534 for 4 nights with 2 tours, depending on dates chosen
- £494-£504 for 4 nights with 3 tours, depending on dates chosen
Option 3: with Edinburgh flights
- £239-£329 for 2 nights with 1 tour, depending on dates chosen
£299-£339 for 3 nights with 1 tour, depending on dates chosen
- £354-£394 for 3 nights with 2 tours, depending on dates chosen
- £394-£424 for 4 nights with 2 tours, depending on dates chosen
Option 3: with Manchester flights
- £299-£309 for 2 nights with 1 tour, depending on dates chosen
£319-£439 for 3 nights with 1 tour, depending on dates chosen
- £374-£454 for 3 nights with 2 tours, depending on dates chosen
- £404-£614 for 4 nights with 2 tours, depending on dates chosen
Please Note: availability at the advertised rates is extremely limited.
*Per Person Offer
Customers must purchase two vouchers to complete booking