The five-star Relais Bernard Loiseau invites guests to indulge in relaxation and joie de vivre. Taking pride in its rich heritage, the property blends the historical charm of its location with elegant touches and sumptuous cuisine. The hotel is located in Saulieu, between Chablis and Beaune, Auxerre and Dijon, between Beaune and Chatillon-sur-Seine.
Visitors can take in the serene surroundings in one of the lounges overlooking the gardens, sit back with a book in hand in the library, or enjoy some relaxation in the French-style Charles X billiards room. Featuring exposed ceiling beams and other details reflecting the local artistry, some rooms come complete with fireplaces, while others have terraces or balconies.
Dining is a fine experience at the on-site Loiseau des Sens or La Côte-d’Or which base on regional produce.
Senses get pampered in the spa area which offers a pool, hammam, and cedar-wood sauna. The wellness area also offers treatment rooms for some well-deserved relaxing treatments. For active types, there is also a gym.
Click here to book flights.
Restaurant La Côte d’Or**
This restaurant is open from Thursday to Monday.
The chef, Patrick Bertron, has been working in the kitchen of the gourmet restaurant La Côte d’Or - Relais Bernard Loiseau for more than thirty years. Having conquered the 3rd star as Sous-Chef with Bernard Loiseau (and kept it for 25 years), he has been the master chef of the restaurant since 2003. He focuses on creativity and innovation, working with seasonal products, and local wines.
Menu Nationale 6
Four-course sample menu (starter - 2 courses - dessert):
- Duck foie gras marinated with blackcurrant from Burgundy
- Féra du lac Léman tomato, fennel, sabaton with dill
- Guinea fowl of the Morvan park corn risotto
- Pan-fried plums with saffron from Chissey-en-Morvan Sheep yoghurt sorbet of the Ouche Valley
Five-course sample menu (starter - 2 courses - cheese - dessert):
- Hollow oysters from the Aber region, potatoes and iodized coulis
- Pan-fried scallops Vichyssoise with pannecière carrots
- Variegated loin and sweetbreads root vegetables, Burgundy truffle jus
- Cheese trolley
- Raspberry mille-feuille confit with thyme-lemon and cheese sorbet
Menu Mes Racines
- Six-course menu (starter, 2 courses, cheeses and 2 desserts)
Eight-course menu (2 starters, 3 courses, cheese and 2 desserts)
- Langoustine of Saint Guénolé in tartare freshness of tomato and zucchini flower
- Girolles “heads of nail” with the scents of the Morvan
- Cutlets of duck foie gras fried purple artichokes
- Back of pike cooked like a pochouse, sorrel
- Beef of Charolais PDO cooked in hay in clay crust
- Sliced cheese trolley
- Mature and Tagète in sorbet and light cream on a shortbread
- Grand cru chocolate from Papouasie with lamb Opaline and sorbet
Restaurant Loiseau des Sens
This restaurant is open from Saturday to Wednesday.
The Loiseau des Sens restaurant takes pride in its healthy cuisine (gluten-free, with no added sugar) to intensify the gourmet’s enjoyment.
In 2018, it was awarded a Michelin star.
Menu Retour Du Marché
Three-course sample menu (starter, main course and dessert):
- Minestrone of greenery with parmesan and pesto of herbs
- Fillet of whiting with grenobloise romanesco cabbage and risotto or carré of pig, smoked wheat, rutabaga and mustard seed jus
- Apple poached with yuzu vanilla mousse, creamy lemon and apple sorbet yuzu
- Five-course menu (starter - 2 courses - cheese - dessert) crafted with organic and local products
Please note that the drinks are not included. Menu subject to change.
Groupon’s Guide to Burgundy
Burgundy has a rich cultural and historical heritage with its many ancient city walls and many bell towers. This region offers a wide range of exceptional white and red wines and the beautiful vineyards that would make Dionysos pale with envy. The wine route of Joigny, Chablis and Auxerrois awaits to be discovered by the curious. The forest of Pontigny with its great variety of landscapes that spreads over 950 hectares, the karst spring “Fosse Dionne” with its mysterious legend of the devil, or the nature park Morvan with the breathtaking limestone rock group “Saussois” are just a few of the sights that over the time have preserved their authenticity.