What You Get
Included in all options:
- Standard double or twin room for 2 people
Policies and Fees
- Reservations made within cancellation window are non-refundable
- 48-hour cancellation notice required prior to check-in or reservation is non-refundable
- Rates may vary by date and are subject to availability
- City tax included
- Travel window: until 31 Dec 2021
The Chollerford-based George Hotel is housed in an 18th-century stone building hugged by ivy and overlooking the North Tyne River. Relaxation can be taken to the next level with a visit to the on-site swimming pool, hot tub, sauna and steam room, while appetites for outdoor activities can be satisfied on Hadrian’s Cycleway or in the Northumberland National Park, the North Pennines Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, Kielder Water and the International Dark Skies Park nearby.
When it is time to relax, guests can unwind in the privacy of their classic bedrooms with en suite facilities.
Foodies can try local specialities served in the hotel’s restaurant which can be followed with a tipple or two in the bar and lounge.
Groupon’s Guide To Northumberland
Hiking trails and cycle paths weave through the natural beauty of Northumberland’s rolling fields and along the windswept shores of the sweeping coastline.
The bustling market town of Morpeth is stuffed full of gems, including a 13th century chantry housing a bagpipe museum. Travellers may enjoy the award-winning Carlisle Park, which offers an opportunity for river boating and tennis, while the promenade takes in the ornamental hedges and trees of the William Turner Garden. A 50-minute drive through the countryside will bring guests to the Alnwick Castle and its adjacent gardens. Alternatively, visitors may take a journey to the Palladian facade of Paxton House, found on the banks of the River Tweed. This stately home sits on 80 acres of land and boasts a picture gallery which houses over 70 paintings. A short way over from Paxton House stands the walled town of Berwick-upon-Tweed whose Elizabethan fortifications were built to keep out invading Scots, now a fantastic viewing point for modern day visitors.
Double or Twin Room
- Standard occupancy: 2 people
- Maximum occupancy: 2 people
- Check-in: 3pm
- Check-out: 10am
- Wi-Fi free of charge
- Pets policy: pets are allowed, please enquire with the hotel directly about the details
- Parking free of charge
- Transport and transfers not included
The Fine Print
* Selected dates of stay cannot be modified once booked; valid only for night(s) purchased
* It is possible to cancel 48 hours in advance; reservations made within cancellation window are non-refundable
* No-shows will be charged total Groupon rate
* Traveler name must match ID at time of check-in
* No refunds will be processed by Groupon after check-in
* Must be 18 or older to check-in (with a valid ID)
* Credit/debit card required at check-in
* City tax included
* Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services
* In order to facilitate your stay, your name and email address may be shared with the hotel for communication related to your stay only
* Travel window: until 31 Dec 2021
Reference price as per booking.com on 16 Mar 2021. You can find more information about reference price here.
Offer sold by Groupon International Travel GmbH.