What You Get
Included in all options:
- Stay in a double room for two people with breakfast
Policies and Fees
- Reservations made within cancellation window are non-refundable
- It is possible to cancel 48 hours in advance
- Rates may vary by date and are subject to availability
- No city tax
- Travel window: until 14 Apr 2022
Located just an hour drive from the centre of London, The George Hotel can be easily reached by car or train. The hotel is famous from its medieval cellars, probably dating from 1450, preserved behind glass. Although the structure of the building has been changed over the centuries, visitors will still have a chance to see some remains from Tudor times.
All of the rooms are equipped with en suite bathroom, flat-screen TV with Freeview channels, hospitality tray, hairdryer and iron.
The property offers an on-site brasserie restaurant serving top quality English dishes, as well as regional specialities. There is also a bar with fireplaces and beamed walls.
- Standard occupancy: 2 people
- Maximum occupancy: 2 people
Groupon’s Guide To Essex
A host of Grade I- and II-listed buildings offer the base for heritage tourism in Essex, including landmarks like the 7th-century Chapel of St Peter-on-the-Wall in Bradwell-on-Sea, the Hedingham Castle in Braintree District and the Norman-style Colchester Castle. On top of the approximately 1400 landmarks of historic interest, Essex also boasts a number of unique highlights.
The county is thus home to Finchingfield, the quintessential British village, deemed one of the most beautiful rural hubs of England, and to Great Bentley in the Tendring district, boasting the second largest village green nationwide. Countryside sceneries are complemented by coastal expanses and seascapes, with destinations such as Frinton-on-Sea, Clacton-on-Sea and Mersea Island catering for visitors interested in beach tourism and water sports.
Nature lovers and wildlife enthusiasts can head for the wetlands of Abberton Reservoir or for the ancient woodland of Epping Forest. Further pursuits are occasioned by Saffron Walden, a one-of-a-kind blend of rural charm and medieval features, and by the modern-day Lakeside Shopping Centre in West Thurrock, a gargantuan 2600000 square feet shopping centre and one of the largest in Europe.
- Check-in from 2pm, check-out by 11am
- Complimentary Wi-Fi
- Pets not allowed
- Parking available at £10 per day.
* Selected dates of stay cannot be modified once booked; valid only for night(s) purchased
* It is possible to cancel 48 hours in advance; reservations made within cancellation window are non-refundable
* No-shows will be charged total Groupon rate
* Traveler name must match ID at time of check-in
* No refunds will be processed by Groupon after check-in
* Must be 18 or older to check-in (with a valid ID)
* Credit/debit card required at check-in
* No city tax
* Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services
* In order to facilitate your stay, your name and email address may be shared with the hotel for communication related to your stay only
* Travel window: until 30 Nov 2021
Reference price as per booking.com on 7 Jul 2021. You can find more information about reference price here.
Offer sold by Groupon International Travel GmbH.