Set in tranquil Abergele countryside on the north Wales coast, the AA-Rosette-awarded Kinmel greets guests with four-star accommodation and boasts two dining venues along with one state-of-the-art Good Spa Guide-awarded spa complex.
Contemporary-style rooms and suites decorated in warm tones and featuring spacious bathrooms and TVs.
At the Brasserie 1786 guests may enjoy seasonal menus crafted from locally sourced produce, while Chiang Mai restaurant serves authentic Thai cuisine.
The on-site Kinspa spa complex features swimming and hydrotherapy pool, steam room, sauna, tranquillity relaxation suite overlooking the North Wales countryside, gymnasium, and a six-room treatment suite.
Sample Menu at Brasserie 1786
- Roasted butternut squash soup, lentil dahl and coriander ravioli (v)
- Chicken liver parfait, foie gras and pain d’epices
- Smoked salmon, lemon jelly and brown bread ice cream
- Baby beetroot salad, goats cheese, apple and candied walnuts (n) (v)
- Rabbit ballotine, seeded granola, blackberry and juniper (n)
- Slow cooked beef short rib, baby turnips, red wine shallots and creamed potato
- Poached breast of chicken, forest mushrooms and tarragon dauphinoise
- Wild mushroom gnocchi, black garlic, truffle shavings and garden herbs (v)
- Turbot fillet, charred cucumber, fennel ceviche and spring onion
- Rump of lamb, baby leeks, Jerusalem artichoke and recurrant jus
- Dark chocolate and hazelnut tart (n)
- Glazed fig and quince Eton mess
- Iced vanilla parfait, honeycomb and raspberry (n)
- Trio of sorbets
Sample Menu at Chiang Mai
- Tom Jerd (v) (mushroom, tofu, spring onion and glass noodle soup)
- Thai pork dumpling
- Sweetcorn fritter (v)
- Vegetable spring roll & sweet chili sauce (v)
Chicken paneang (n) (chicken supreme, peanut, coconut milk and paneang curry)
- Beef oyster sauce (strips of beef with onion, bamboo shoot, mushroom and soy sauce)
- Thai prawn green curry (classic curry of Thailand, fine beans, aubergine, bamboo shoot and sweet basil)
- Eggs fried rice (jasmine rice, eggs, carrot, onion, garlic and spring onion)
- Seasonal fruits salad with vanilla ice cream
Groupon’s Guide To Conwy County
Crossed by its namesake river and adjoining the Snowdonia National Park with one-third of its territory, Conwy County Borough boasts unique attractions to keep globetrotters busy while visiting Northern Wales. One of the most notable destinations in the area is the town of Llandudno: dubbed the Queen of the Welsh Resorts, it is the largest Welsh beach destination, beckoning guests with sights such as the Great Orme and the Little Orme, and the award-winning Llandudno pier.
Flourishing heritage tourism is based around monuments such as the late-13th-century Conwy Castle and the Elizabethan-style Plas Mawr, dating back to the 16th century. Sites of the Aber Falls in Abergwyngregyn and the Bodnant Garden in Tal-y-Cafn are also well worth a visit, whereas golf aficionados can spend leisurely break on the Great Orme Family Golf course or on the numerous other courses since the county leaves nothing to be desired in this respect.