Holidaymakers can take advantage of this four- or six-night tour to discover Prague, boasting Gothic architecture and the iconic astronomical clock, and choose to visit either the vibrant city of Berlin or Budapest with its imposing parliament. The experience is complemented with a stay in conveniently located hotels offering contemporary accommodation in en suite rooms.
- Mark Apart Hotel and Comfort Hotel Lichtenberg in Berlin
- Union Hotel and Louis Leger Hotel in Prague
- Royal Park Boutique Hotel and Mediterran Hotel in Budapest
4 or 6 Nights Itinerary: Berlin and Prague
- Flight from London Gatwick, Luton, Stansted, Manchester, Edinburgh, Bristol to Berlin
- 2 or 3 nights in Berlin
- Train transfer from Berlin to Prague
- 2 or 3 nights in Prague
- Flight from Prague to London Gatwick, Luton, Stansted, Manchester, Bristol.
4 or 6 Nights Itinerary: Prague and Budapest
- Flight from London Gatwick, Luton, Stansted, Manchester, Edinburgh, Bristol to Prague
- 2 or 3 nights in Prague
- Bus transfer from Prague to Budapest
- 2 or 3 nights in Budapest
- Flight from Budapest to London Gatwick, Luton, Stansted, Manchester, Bristol.
Groupon’s Guide To Prague
The capital city of the historic Bohemia region, Prague is one of the most popular destinations in Central Europe. Mirroring in the River Vltava, the city has been alluring visitors with numerous bridges, cathedrals, and gold-tipped towers for more than 10 centuries. Travellers can embrace the medieval charm of the city while strolling through the winding cobblestone alleyways with red slate rooftops and historic quarters of the Old Town, indulge in the panoramic views of the city from the 9th-century castle or catch a traditional puppet performance at the National Marionette Theatre. Various restaurants tempt the senses with hearty Czech cuisine and local beer, while the new town offers an array of high-fashion shops, clubs and entertainment options.
The weather in Prague varies according to the four seasons. Maximum temperatures during the warm summer season range between 22°C and 25°C, while during the winter months the temperatures drop to 1°C. Although summer brings the wettest time for the city, with more than 70mm of precipitations per month, the season witnesses more than seven hours of sunshine per day, making for a suitable weather for leisurely activities and exploring the city sights.
Groupon’s Guide to Berlin
Famous for its many museums, galleries and a wide variety of cultural and architectural landmarks, Berlin is a popular destination amongst culture seekers. As well as offering countless sightseeing opportunities, the city has a unique nightlife scene, with many bars, clubs and live music events providing locals and tourists with entertainment throughout the year.
Around Christmas time, travellers may choose from up to 60 different Christmas markets, the most famous being Charlottenburg Castle Christmas Market, where a multitude of Christmas tree decorations, traditional souvenirs, local delicacies and mulled wine may be enjoyed in a cheery atmosphere, with carols and bright lights around.
Shopping fans may visit designer boutiques on Kurfürstendamm, one of the most famous avenues in Berlin, or find a bargain at one of the flea markets in Mauer Park. The Cathedral, Berlin’s largest church, boasts artistic furnishings, including a Sauer organ and a 70-metre dome featuring colourful mosaics. Tourists can also head to Museum Island, a UNESCO World Heritage Site consisting of five of the city’s most important museums. Here, visitors can admire classical antiquities, excavated findings of the Near East, Islamic art and much more. Baroque gardens and art collections dating back to the 18th-century France can be admired at the Charlottenburg Palace, while nature enthusiasts may take to the nearby trails of Grunewald forest.
Groupon’s Guide To Budapest
Budapest, the vibrant capital of Hungary, is a living picture of castles and Neo-Gothic grandeur by day, and a pulsating example of European nightlife by night.
Guests may take a stroll to the historic Lajos Kossuth Square, which plays host to Hungary’s coronation crown and ornate Parliament Building, as well as the Museum of Ethnography’s folk art displays. After admiring the crown, similar treasures may be found in the City Park, where an enormous flea market brightens up weekends with knick-knacks, clothes and much more, amid grandly landscaped environs. Pocket-dipping sessions may follow with a plunge into the thermal spas of Margaret Island, which complements its riverbank surroundings with fragrant gardens, ornate pavilions and parties of sunbathing locals. The climate in Budapest is continental and humid, with very warm summers and, at times, cold winters. During the hot season, which starts in April and ends in August, the temperature reaches an average of 27ºC. In this period, travellers may take nighttime strolls on the Danube promenade, or enjoy refreshing tipples at one of the city’s open-air bars. During the colder seasons, the nights get chillier, but holidaymakers will still be able to explore the city sights under favourable weather conditions until late October. Winter arrives in December and lasts till February, bringing negative temperatures and less than two hours of sunshine per day.
Option 1: Berlin and Prague with London flights
- £119-£175 for 4 nights, depending on dates chosen
- £149-£229 for 6 nights, depending on dates chosen
Option 2: Berlin and Prague with Manchester flights
- £149-£225 for 4 nights, depending on dates chosen
- £179-£299 for 6 nights, depending on dates chosen
Option 3: Berlin and Prague with Edinburgh flights
- £139-£169 for 4 nights, depending on dates chosen
- £165-£229 for 6 nights, depending on dates chosen
Option 4: Berlin and Prague with Bristol flights
- £189-£299 for 4 nights, depending on dates chosen
- £199-£329 for 6 nights, depending on dates chosen
Option 5: Prague and Budapest with London flights
- £119-£169 for 4 nights, depending on dates chosen
- £155-£205 for 6 nights, depending on dates chosen
Option 6: Prague and Budapest with Manchester flights
- £149-£239 for 4 nights, depending on dates chosen
- £179-£309 for 6 nights, depending on dates chosen
Option 7: Prague and Budapest with Edinburgh flights
- £149-£229 for 4 nights, depending on dates chosen
- £175-£269 for 6 nights, depending on dates chosen
Option 8: Prague and Budapest with Bristol flights
- £159-£285 for 4 nights, depending on dates chosen
- £195-£319 for 6 nights, depending on dates chosen