Placed on top of many travellers’ bucket lists, Japan blends ancient world with modern times seamlessly. During this eight-day tour, the participants can get close up with its beauty while exploring Tokyo, Osaka and Kyoto. The astonishingly rapid Japanese bullet trains will transfer the travellers from one city to the next leaving them with plenty of time to follow their own path and unravel Japanese mysteries as they please.
- Day 1: Fly from London, Manchester or Edinburgh to Tokyo and stay in Tokyo
- Day 2: Spend the day at leisure in Tokyo
- Day 3: Take a Bullet Train from Tokyo to Osaka and stay in Osaka
- Day 4 & 5: Spend the day at leisure in Osaka
- Day 6: Take a Bullet Train from Osaka to Kyoto and stay in Kyoto.
- Day 7: Spend the day at your leisure in Kyoto
- Day 8: Take a Bullet Train from Kyoto to Tokyo and stay in Tokyo
- Day 9: Fly from Tokyo back to London, Manchester or Edinburgh
During the tour, travellers will be staying in standard double/twin en suite rooms (double sharing basis) at centrally located hotels in each of the cities:
Groupon’s Guide to Japan
A country brimming with mega-urban centres and ancient shrines, techno consumers and meek geishas – there isn’t a better example of a place where old collides with new than Japan. From the neon lights and electric pace of Tokyo to the temple-rich streets of Kyoto, the Land of the Rising Sun offers abounding contradictions. This is all part of the heady allure that makes travellers the world over keep coming back for more.
This long, narrow archipelago of over 6,800 islands is home to over 126 million people and a culture like no other, combining ancient traditions with modern glitz and an assortment of elements borrowed from foreign cuisines, fashions and language. Must-see cities include the foodie haven and party town of Osaka, the mind-boggling urban sprawl of Tokyo, and historic Nagasaki.