Placed in the capital of Iceland, the four-star Hotel Ódinsvé invites holidaymakers to awe-inspiring frosty scenes encompassing nature’s most dramatic processes, from black volcanic plains to white, hulking glaciers and hot spring geysers. The hotel offers a convenient base for exploring Reykjavik’s museums and galleries, as well as the nearby natural wonders. The rooms are fitted with en suite bathrooms, satellite TV, mini-fridges, and tea- and coffee-making facilities. The on-site amenities include a French bistro-style restaurant offering Scandinavian cuisine.
Also located in the capital city of Iceland is the four-star Icelandair Hotel Reykjavik Natura, situated in the beautiful surroundings of Öskjuhlíð hill and Nauthólsvík beach, only a short walk from the town centre. The contemporary rooms are fitted with TVs and en suite facilities. On site, guests will find Satt Restaurant serving international cuisine, and Sóley Natura Spa inspired by Iceland’s unique surroundings and natural resources.
Nestled in a tranquil area just 10 minutes away from the city centre, the four-star Radisson Blu Saga Hotel, Reykjavik entices travellers with scenic views of the ocean, glaciers and mountains. Situated atop the hotel, Grillið Restaurant offers panoramic views of Reykjavik and dishes crafted with local ingredients. Guests also enjoy access to the on-site spa, gym, souvenir shop and gallery. Offering views of the vibrant city centre, the stately campus of the University of Iceland or the sweeping seashore, the rooms feature hot drink-making facilities, flat-screen TVs and en suite bathrooms.
The Northern Lights Tour
Visitors are invited to take part in a unique experience which happens at night time in the Northern Hemisphere and can be seen on dark winter nights. One of nature’s most spectacular displays appears in the sky in the form of different shapes, proportions and patterns, known as the Northern Lights.
- Duration: 3-5 hours
- Pick-up 30 minutes before the time displayed on the voucher at the bus terminal at Laekjartorg (please call 24 hours before the tour to confirm it)
- Please note that the weather conditions can be severe and the tour might be cancelled; sightings cannot be guaranteed even if the tour is operated; in such case, another tour will be offered free of charge
- Transport and assistance included
Golden Circle Tour
Travellers are invited to see Iceland’s natural phenomena including hot springs, waterfalls as well as the country’s best-known historical sites. The tour starts with a visit to the geothermal area of Nesjavellir, and continues with a stop at Þingvellir National Park. Highlights include a stopover at the tumbling Gullfoss waterfall, followed by a lunch break at Gullfoss Cafe or at the local Information Centre. Participants can also admire Geysir and Strokkur geysers, the Skálholt church and the horticultural village of Hveragerði.
- Please note that visits to Nesjavellir cannot be guaranteed in the winter season due to weather conditions.
Blue Lagoon Tour (with admission)
Those who prefer thermal escapades can visit the famous Blue Lagoon. Travellers can take a leisurely stroll or spend a day idling in the natural hot springs and bathing in geothermal mud believed to revitalise the skin. Towels and robes are available to hire, and each outdoor pool also comes with views of the lava field surrounding the area. On-site geothermal sauna and spa offer a wide range of massages and treatments, while unique skin care products can be bought in the shop.
- Includes admission tickets
- Time of departures will be confirmed at the time of booking
- Transfers are included
Whale Watching Tour with transfers
This tour serves as an opportunity to enjoy a boat ride in search of whales swimming close to the Icelandic coastline. Some of the whale types that can be spotted include white-beaked dolphins, harbour porpoises, humpback whales, and the killer whales or orcas. Participants will also have a chance to encounter some of the local gull species - the Arctic tern, the gannet and the puffins.
Groupon’s Guide To Reykjavik
One of the safest and cleanest cities of modern times, Reykjavik is located on the south-western coast of Iceland and it is also the world’s northernmost capital city.
With more than 100 pubs and clubs, many of them found on Laugavegur Street, a wide choice of beers, Iceland’s drink of choice since 1989, are available for sampling. An iconic landmark of the city, the looming Hallgrimskirkja Church offers visitors panoramic views of the city. Standing 15 metres high and weighing 25 tons, the church’s pipe organ is one of its key features, while the statue of Leifur Eiriksson, the first European to discover America, guards the entrance. The capital’s name translates to ‘Smoky Bay’, after the columns of steam, that rise from the hot springs, which can still be visited today.
Reykjavik has a subpolar oceanic climate combined with temperate features due to the warm waters of the Gulf Stream. Global warming makes for a convenient climate, and although there are occasional droughts, visitors may benefit from 24 hours of daylight. Autumn is expected to be wet and cold, with temperatures under 10°C while the days are getting shorter and rainfall becomes frequent. During winter, the sky is cloudy with only four hours of daylight and the weather is cold with temperatures ranging from -3° to 2°C.
Option 1: with London flights
£189-£229 for 2 nights with the Northern Lights Tour, depending on the departure date chosen
- £239-£279 for 3 nights with the Northern Lights Tour, depending on the departure date chosen
- £280-£320 for 3 nights with 2 Tours, depending on the departure date chosen
£410-£450 for 3 nights with 3 Tours, depending on the departure date chosen
- £320-£370 for 4 nights with 2 Tours, depending on the departure date chosen
- £450-£500 for 4 nights with 3 Tours, depending on the departure date chosen
- £535-£585 for 4 nights with 4 Tours, depending on the departure date chosen
Option 2: with Manchester flights
- £269-£319 for 3 nights with the Northern Lights Tour, depending on the departure date chosen
- £310-£360 for 3 nights with 2 Tours, depending on the departure date chosen
£440-£490 for 3 nights with 3 Tours, depending on the departure date chosen
- £360-£390 for 4 nights with 2 Tours, depending on the departure date chosen
- £490-£520 for 4 nights with 3 Tours, depending on the departure date chosen
- £575-£605 for 4 nights with 4 Tours, depending on the departure date chosen