Located in a peaceful area of Reykjavik, Arctic Comfort Hotel awaits guests within a walking distance from the Kringlan shopping centre and the city’s main outdoor area, Laugardalur. Guests are invited to unwind in en suite bedrooms which boast contemporary decor and flat-screen TVs.
Cabin Hotel awaits guests just a stone’s throw away from the Faxaflói Bay’s waterfront promenade and offers quick access to the city’s attractions. Rooms feature flat-screen TVs and en suite bathroom facilities. Appetites can be satisfied at the on-site restaurant, while the hotel’s bar offers an array of beverages.
The Northern Lights Tour
Visitors are invited to take part in a unique experience which happens at night time in the Northern Hemisphere and can be seen on dark winter nights. One of nature’s most spectacular displays appears in the sky in the form of different shapes, proportions and patterns, known as the Northern Lights.
Golden Circle Tour
This tour takes participants to see some of Iceland’s best-known natural phenomena and historical landmarks. After visiting Thingvellir, where the local parliament was founded in 930, the journey continues to the geothermal area around the spouting hot springs of Geysir and Strokkur, the ancient Skalholt church, and the colourful volcanic crater Kerio. Then, travellers can see the horticultural village of Hveragerði.
Blue Lagoon Tour
Those who prefer thermal escapades can visit the famous Blue Lagoon. Travellers can take a leisurely stroll or spend a day idling in the natural hot springs and bathing in geothermal mud believed to revitalise the skin. Towels and robes are available to hire, and each al fresco pool also comes with views of the lava field surrounding the area. On-site geothermal sauna and spa offer a wide range of massages and treatments, while unique skin care products can be bought in the shop.
- Please note that admission fee is not included; please enquire when booking
Whale Watching Tour
This tour serves as an opportunity to enjoy a boat ride in search of whales swimming close to the Icelandic coastline. Some of the whale types that can be spotted include white-beaked dolphins, harbour porpoises, humpback whales, and the killer whales or orcas. The experience lasts 3-3.5 hours and departs at 9am between Mar-Oct, 1pm all year round, and at 5pm between 15 May-15 Sep.
Groupon’s Guide To Reykjavik
One of the safest and cleanest cities of modern times, Reykjavik is located on the south-western coast of Iceland and it is also the world’s northernmost capital city.
With more than 100 pubs and clubs, many of them found on Laugavegur Street, a wide choice of beers, Iceland’s drink of choice since 1989, are available for sampling. An iconic landmark of the city, the looming Hallgrimskirkja Church offers visitors panoramic views of the city. Standing 15 metres high and weighing 25 tons, the church’s pipe organ is one of its key features, while the statue of Leifur Eiriksson, the first European to discover America, guards the entrance. The capital’s name translates to ‘Smoky Bay’, after the columns of steam that rise from the hot springs, which can still be visited today.
Reykjavik has a subpolar oceanic climate combined with temperate features due to the warm waters of the Gulf Stream. Global warming makes for a convenient climate, and although there are occasional droughts, visitors may benefit from 24 hours of daylight. Autumn is expected to be wet and cold, with temperatures under 10°C while the days are getting shorter and rainfall becomes frequent. During winter, the sky is cloudy with only four hours of daylight and the weather is cold with temperatures ranging from -3° to 2°C.
Option 1: with London flights
- £179-£239 for 2 nights with 1 tour, depending on dates chosen
- £249-£279 for 3 nights with 1 tour, depending on dates chosen
- £329-£359 for 3 nights with 2 tours, depending on dates chosen
- £389-£419 for 4 nights with 2 tours, depending on dates chosen
- £469-£489 for 4 nights with 3 tours, depending on dates chosen
Option 2: with Manchester flights
- £249-£319 for 2 nights with 1 tour, depending on dates chosen
- £299-£339 for 3 nights with 1 tour, depending on dates chosen
- £379-£419 for 3 nights with 2 tours, depending on dates chosen
- £439-£459 for 4 nights with 2 tours, depending on dates chosen
- £519-£539 for 4 nights with 3 tours, depending on dates chosen
Option 3: with Edinburgh flights
- £239-£269 for 2 nights with 1 tour, depending on dates chosen
- £279-£299 for 3 nights with 1 tour, depending on dates chosen
- £359-£379 for 3 nights with 2 tours, depending on dates chosen
- £419-£429 for 4 nights with 2 tours, depending on dates chosen
- £499-£509 for 4 nights with 3 tours, depending on dates chosen
Option 4: with Bristol flights
- £279 for 2 nights with 1 tour
- £579-£619 for 4 nights with 3 tours, depending on dates chosen
- £599 for 5 nights with 3 tours