Take a break to discover some of the iconic cities of Italy. Start the adventure with a shopping spree in Milan taking pride in its imposing Duomo and head to Lake Como to unwind amongst the dream-like scenery.
After eventful days and unravelling the cities’ mysteries, unwind in the conveniently located hotels which offer contemporary accommodation in en suite rooms.
- Hotel Berlino or B&B Hotel Milano San Siro in Milan
- ibis Como or B&B Hotel Como in the vicinity of Lake Como
- Outbound: flight to Milan
- 1 or 2 nights in Milan
- Train from Milan to Lake Como
- 1 or 2 nights in Lake Como
- Inbound: flight back from Milan
Groupon’s Guide To Milan
A magnet for designers, artists, photographers, and models, Milan is one of the world’s fashion centres, boasting an elegant backdrop rooted in Roman times.
From its imposing historic centre and fashion districts to the countryside outskirts, Milan is a rare and appealing mixture of ancient values and contemporary lifestyle. The Navigli area features an abundance of restaurants, ranging from pizzerias to fine seafood haunts, while Piazza del Duomo, boasting the Milan Cathedral, one of the largest cathedrals in the world guarding the city’s cobblestoned streets since 1385, opens to shops, theatres, museums, and galleries in the city centre. Big fashion names can be found in the Corso Buenos Aires or Corso Vercelli, and cultural sights are plentiful, including attractions such as the Sforza Castle. Art lovers will rejoice at the chance to take in Italian art from the 14th century to modern times at Pinacoteca di Brera.
Groupon’s Guide To Lake Como
The third-largest lake in Italy, Como blooms in the fresh breezes of the Alps, exposing flourishing wildlife in a vast and verdant scenery. With ancient lakeside villas and landscaped parks scattered around, the city bears witness to the regal past and decadent wealth of the Roman Empire.
Crystal-clear waters invite holidaymakers to set sail and go yachting or make the most of the refreshing winds from the Alps and try out a session of windsurfing or kitesurfing at one of the on-shore sporting centres. Lakeside hiking trails will lead to the Tremezzo village, where the manicured gardens of the medieval Villa Carlotta fill the air with sweet perfume. Amid rustling olive groves and exotic woods on the western edge of the lake, The Sacro Monte di Ossuccio attracts cultural sightseers with its 15 Baroque-inspired chapels leading up to the famous sanctuary. Similarly inspiring historic sights await at the Gothic Como Cathedral, which features imposing Renaissance architecture and statues.
Option 1: with London flights
- £139-£199 for 4 nights, depending on the departure date chosen
- £199-£269 for 6 nights, depending on the departure date chosen
Option 2: with Manchester flights
- £149-£219 for 4 nights, depending on the departure date chosen
- £199-£279 for 6 nights, depending on the departure date chosen
Option 3: with Edinburgh flights
- £169-£239 for 4 nights, depending on the departure date chosen
- £209-£299 for 6 nights, depending on the departure date chosen
Option 4: with Bristol flights
- £169-£219 for 4 nights, depending on the departure date chosen
- £219-£299 for 6 nights, depending on the departure date chosen