Take a break for 6 or 9 nights to get a taste of the Old Continent. The adventure starts in Prague, Czech Republic’s capital city, dotted with treasures such as the Astronomical Clock and the Charle’s Bridge guarded by the saints’ figures. Then, it is time to head to Vienna, a city full of charm and elegance, known for its waltz heritage and indulgent treats. The last stop is Budapest with its imposing Parliament, castle, and hip cafes.
After eventful days on the road and unravelling the urban mysteries, travellers can unwind in the conveniently located hotels which offer contemporary accommodation in en suite rooms.
- Iris Hotel Eden and Hotel U Divadla in Prague
- ibis Hotel Wien City and Allegro in Vienna
- Hotel Mediterran and Hotel Hungaria City Center in Budapest
- Flight to Prague
- 2 or 3 nights in Prague
- Direct train from Prague to Vienna
- 2 or 3 nights in Vienna
- Direct train from Vienna to Budapest
- 2 or 3 nights in Budapest
- Flight from Budapest back home
Groupon’s Guide To Prague
The capital city of the historic Bohemia region, Prague is one of the most popular destinations in Central Europe. Mirroring in the River Vltava, the city has been alluring visitors with numerous bridges, cathedrals, and gold-tipped towers for more than 10 centuries. Travellers can embrace the medieval charm of the city while strolling through the winding cobblestone alleyways with red slate rooftops and historic quarters of the Old Town, indulge in the panoramic views of the city from the 9th-century castle or catch a traditional puppet performance at the National Marionette Theatre. Various restaurants tempt the senses with hearty Czech cuisine and local beer, while the new town offers an array of high-fashion shops, clubs and entertainment options.
Groupon’s Guide To Vienna
Nestled on the banks of the River Danube, Vienna has a busy cultural calendar which makes it a year-round destination for globetrotters. The city of Mozart is the proud possessor of a famous opera house and binds a plethora of Baroque and contemporary architectural styles. Viennese charm echoes through the city centre’s restaurants and bars that hold a world-famous culinary tradition with dishes such as Wiener Schnitzels and cheese Danishes.
One of the city’s focal points is the 12th-century Stephansdom Gothic cathedral, from which tourists can get one of the best views of Vienna, after climbing its 553 steps. Imperial Austria left its mark with the vast palace complex of Hofburg, where Franz Josef I and Empress Elisabeth once lived. Close to the Museum of Art History, in the former imperial stables, lies the Museumsquartier, a grand complex of museums, galleries, cafes and shops where visitors can relax and enjoy the Viennese atmosphere.
Groupon’s Guide To Budapest
Budapest, the vibrant capital of Hungary, is a living picture of castles and Neo-Gothic grandeur by day, and a pulsating example of European nightlife by night.
Guests may take a stroll to the historic Lajos Kossuth Square, which plays host to Hungary’s coronation crown and ornate Parliament Building, as well as the Museum of Ethnography’s folk art displays. After admiring the crown, similar treasures may be found in the City Park, where an enormous flea market brightens up weekends with knick-knacks, clothes and much more, amid grandly landscaped environs. Pocket-dipping sessions may follow with a plunge into the thermal spas of Margaret Island, which complements its riverbank surroundings with fragrant gardens, ornate pavilions and parties of sunbathing locals.
Option 1: with London flights
- £179-£329 for 6 nights, depending on the departure date chosen
- £239-£389 for 9 nights, depending on the departure date chosen
Option 2: with Birmingham flights
- £199-£339 for 6 nights, depending on the departure date chosen
- £259-£369 for 9 nights, depending on the departure date chosen
Option 3: with Liverpool flights
- £199-£359 for 6 nights, depending on the departure date chosen
- £229-£259 for 9 nights, depending on the departure date chosen
Option 4: with Edinburgh flights
- £219-£319 for 6 nights, depending on the departure date chosen
- £249-£399 for 9 nights, depending on the departure date chosen
Option 5: with Manchester flights
- £229-£389 for 6 nights, depending on the departure date chosen
- £249-£409 for 9 nights, depending on the departure date chosen
Option 6: with Bristol flights
- £239-£379 for 6 nights, depending on the departure date chosen
- £299-£429 for 9 nights, depending on the departure date chosen