Take a four- or six-night break to discover two of the gems in Italy’s crown. Start the adventure with unravelling the mysteries of Rome, the famous Eternal City and proceed to Venice known for its canals dotted with charming gondolas, before going back home.
After eventful days of exploring the cities, unwind in the conveniently located hotels which offer contemporary accommodation in en-suite rooms.
- Outbound: flight from London, Edinburgh, Manchester, and Bristol to Rome
- 2 or 3 nights in Rome
- Train from Rome to Venice
- 2 or 3 nights in Venice
- Inbound: flight back from Venice
Groupon’s Guide to Venice
The capital of the Veneto region, listed as a World Heritage Site, Venice is set on a group of 118 small islands separated by a labyrinth of canals and linked by century-old bridges. Colonnaded squares, domes and arches can be seen while on a sleek motorboat or during a gondola ride that will carry visitors through the city’s main waterways.
Tourists shouldn’t miss out on the opportunity to visit the Doge’s Palace, a symbol of the republic’s wealth and mastery over land and sea. On the eastern end of St. Mark’s Square, the world-renowned Byzantine basilica has become a landmark of the city with its four bulbous domes and golden mosaics. Throughout the cobbled streets, there are countless shops where travellers can pick out unique handmade masks painted according to the 800-year-old Venetian tradition.
Groupon’s Guide to Rome
From famous historic sites to relatively obscure catacombs, basilicas, fountains and museums, the Eternal City has many things to offer, as historic landmarks go hand in hand with the vibrant city nightlife.
Passing through old cobblestone streets and ruins, visitors can catch a glimpse of Rome’s main attractions such as the Pantheon, one of the best kept classical architecture buildings in the world, the iconic Trevi Fountain and the Vatican Museums. Sweeping views of the city can be captured on film and camera from the Spanish Steps, where holidaymakers can unwind over a prosciutto panini or a gelato after a day of exploring numerous shopping centres and bazaars. Nestled beneath the Vatican walls, the Prati district mixes elegant office buildings with high-end boutiques and public squares, while imposing military barracks and Museo delle Anime dei Defunti provides a unique experience. Tourists can also get a taste of a typical Italian night out by visiting local restaurants, bars and clubs and enjoying a classic pizza or pasta.
Option 1: with London flights
- £129-£249 for 4 nights, depending on the departure date chosen
- £179-£329 for 6 nights, depending on the departure date chosen
Option 2: with Edinburgh flights
- £149-£319 for 4 nights, depending on the departure date chosen
- £189-£409 for 6 nights, depending on the departure date chosen
Option 3: with Manchester flights
- £149-£289 for 4 nights, depending on the departure date chosen
- £189-£379 for 6 nights, depending on the departure date chosen
Option 4: with Bristol flights
- £159-£279 for 4 nights, depending on the departure date chosen
- £209-£359 for 6 nights, depending on the departure date chosen