Boasting an imposing stone facade with tall columns and large windows, The George Hotel is a four star establishment that has offered shelter to Edinburgh's wanderers since the 18th century. Set in the heart of this historic Scottish city, the hotel provides easy access to major attractions, from the Camera Obscura, where tourists can rejoice in an upside down perspective of the city, to climbing Arthur's Seat, an extinct volcano set in Holyrood Park.
• Still retaining the hotel's old charm, the en suite rooms display a gleaming contemporary design with rich decor, along with up-to-the-minute furnishings and large bright windows that offer great views over the city.
• Visitors may enjoy authentic Scottish cuisine in the Tempus Restaurant, where a wide menu based on seasonal dishes cooked with fresh, locally sourced produce awaits to be sampled.
• A more informal ambient can be found in the hotel bar, where a complete list of fine wines, quality beers and Champagnes may be savoured alongside some light snacks.
Included in all options: Stay for two in a deluxe double room with breakfast, Prosecco and chocolates on arrival
• £99 for 1 night arriving Sun-Thu between 10 February and 30 April 2014
• £129 for 1 night arriving Fri between 21 February and 11 April 2014
• Check-in from 3pm; late check-out by 1pm.
• Prosecco to be redeemed at the bar.
• No pets permitted.
The George Hotel has an average score of 4 out of 5 on Tripadvisor and has also won a Certificate of Excellence 2013. Visitors praised the room cleanliness and space along with the handy location and food quality.
Details verified 06/02/14. Learn more about Groupon's Merchant Reviews Policy.