Valid for arrivals between November 2019 to March 2020. Prices based on 2 people sharing. Buy 1 voucher for 2 people.
*Please Note: Flights are not included but can be booked separately with the Merchant at the time you book your hotel + tours.
Discover the beauty of Icelandic nature at its finest with a choice of tours departing from Reykjavik. All options include a Northern Lights tour and a stay at either Fosshótel Lind or Fosshótel Rauðará in Reykjavik.
The Northern Lights Tour
Visitors are invited to take part in a unique experience which happens at night time in the Northern Hemisphere and can be seen on dark winter nights. One of nature’s most spectacular displays appears in the sky in the form of different shapes, proportions and patterns, known as the Northern Lights.
- Duration: approx. 3 hours
- Included: bus fare, guided tour
- This tour depends on weather and sightings are not guaranteed (option to re-book free of charge in that case); Travellers with young children are advised to book the 7:30pm departure; Remember to dress warmly
Blue Lagoon Transfers
Those who prefer thermal escapades can visit the famous Blue Lagoon. Travellers can take a leisurely stroll or spend a day idling in the natural hot springs and bathing in geothermal mud believed to revitalise the skin. Towels and robes are available for hire, and each al fresco pool also comes with views of the lava field surrounding the area. The on-site geothermal sauna with a spa offers a wide range of massages and treatments, while unique skincare products can be bought in the shop.
- Included: return bus fare
- Admissions to the Blue Lagoon:
- Experience Premium - £114 per person
- Experience Comfort - £96 per person
Golden Circle Tour
Travellers are invited to see Iceland’s natural phenomena including hot springs, waterfalls, as well as the country’s best-known historical sites. The highlights include the tumbling Gullfoss waterfall and the Geysir.
- Duration: approx 6hours
Whale Watching Tour
This tour provides visitors with the opportunity to enjoy a boat ride in search of whales swimming close to the Icelandic coastline. Some of the whale types that can be spotted include white-beaked dolphins, harbour porpoises, humpback whales, and the killer whales or orcas. During the trip, travellers will also have the opportunity to learn more about the seabirds and nature in the Faxafloi Bay. Seeing all the species is not guaranteed, but the crew on board will do their best to ensure a unique journey. As the weather in Iceland can be quite unpredictable, sometimes boats have to take different routes to different locations for a more pleasant cruise.
- Duration: approx. 3 hours
- Tour includes: guided tour, floatable overalls or raincoats on board
The tour takes Groupies on a thrilling 1-hour snowmobile ride in the astounding scenery of Langjökull, the second largest glacier in Iceland. Additional information: For driving the mobile, a valid driver’s licence is required.
Groupon’s Guide to Reykjavik
One of the safest and cleanest cities of modern times, Reykjavik is located on the south-western coast of Iceland and it is also the world’s northernmost capital city.
With more than 100 pubs and clubs, many of them found on Laugavegur Street, a wide choice of beers, Iceland’s drink of choice since 1989, are available for sampling. An iconic landmark of the city, the looming Hallgrimskirkja Church offers visitors panoramic views of the city. Standing 15 metres high and weighing 25 tons, the church’s pipe organ is one of its key features, while the statue of Leifur Eiriksson, the first European to discover America, guards the entrance. The capital’s name translates to ‘Smoky Bay’, after the columns of steam that rise from the hot springs, which can still be visited today.
- £99-£119 for 2 nights with Northern Lights tour only
- £139-£159 for 2 nights with transfers and Northern Lights tour
- £159-£179 for 2 nights with transfers, Northern Lights and Blue Lagoon (transfers only) tours
- £179-£199 for 2 nights with transfers, Northern Lights and Golden Circle tours
- £239-£269 for 3 nights with transfers, Northern Lights, Golden Circle and Blue Lagoon (transfers only) tours
- £369-£419 for 4 nights with transfers, Northern Lights, Golden Circle, Blue Lagoon (transfers only) and Whale Watching tours
- £429-£479 for 5 nights with transfers, Northern Lights, Golden Circle, Blue Lagoon (transfers only) and Whale Watching tours
- £379-£429 for 3 nights with transfers, Northern Lights, Golden Circle and Snowmobiling tours
- £409-£439 for 3 nights with transfers, Northern Lights, Golden Circle, Snowmobiling and Blue Lagoon (transfers only) tours