Placed in the capital of Iceland, the four star Hotel Ódinsvé invites holidaymakers to awe-inspiring frosty scenes encompassing nature’s most dramatic processes, from black volcanic plains to white, hulking glaciers and hot spring geysers. The hotel offers a convenient base for exploring Reykjavik’s museums and galleries, as well as the nearby natural wonders. The rooms are fitted with en suite bathrooms, satellite TV, mini-fridges, and tea- and coffee-making facilities. The on-site amenities include a French bistro-style restaurant offering Scandinavian cuisine.
Also located in the capital city of Iceland is the four star Icelandair Hotel Reykjavik Natura, situated in the beautiful surroundings of Öskjuhlíð hill and Nauthólsvík beach, only a short walk from the town centre. The contemporary rooms are fitted with TVs and en suite facilities. On site, guests will find Satt Restaurant serving international cuisine, and Sóley Natura Spa inspired by Iceland’s unique surroundings and natural resources.
The Northern Lights Tour
Visitors are invited to take part in a unique experience which happens at night time in the Northern Hemisphere and can be seen on dark winter nights. One of nature’s most spectacular displays appears in the sky in the form of different shapes, proportions and patterns, known as the Northern Lights.
- Duration: 3-5 hours
- Pick-up up to 30 minutes before departure at the bus terminal at Laekjartorg (please call 24 hours before the tour to confirm it)
- Included: bus fare, assistance
- This tour depends on weather and sightings are not guaranteed (in this case, another tour will be offered free of charge)
Blue Lagoon (Transfers only)
Those who prefer thermal escapades can visit the famous Blue Lagoon. Travellers can take a leisurely stroll or spend a day idling in the natural hot springs and bathing in geothermal mud believed to revitalise the skin. Towels and robes are available for hire, and each al fresco pool also comes with views of the lava field surrounding the area. The on-site geothermal sauna with a spa offers a wide range of massages and treatments, while unique skincare products can be bought in the shop.
- Time of departures will be confirmed at the time of booking
Golden Circle Tour (Optional)
Travellers are invited to see Iceland’s natural phenomena including hot springs, waterfalls, as well as the country’s best-known historical sites. The tour starts with a visit to the geothermal area of Nesjavellir, and continues with a stop at Þingvellir National Park. The highlights include a stopover at the tumbling Gullfoss waterfall, followed by a lunch break. Participants can also admire Geysir and Strokkur geysers, the Skálholt church and the horticultural village of Hveragerði.
- Please note that depending on weather conditions, visits to Nesjavellir cannot be guaranteed in the winter season.
Whale Watching Tour
This tour serves as an opportunity to enjoy a boat ride in search of whales swimming close to the Icelandic coastline. Some of the whale types that can be spotted include white-beaked dolphins, harbour porpoises, humpback whales, and the killer whales or orcas. Participants will also have a chance to encounter some of the local gull species - the Arctic tern, the gannet and the puffins.
Groupon’s Guide To Reykjavik
One of the safest and cleanest cities of modern times, Reykjavik is located on the south-western coast of Iceland and it is also the world’s northernmost capital city.
With more than 100 pubs and clubs, many of them found on Laugavegur Street, a wide choice of beers, Iceland’s drink of choice since 1989, are available for sampling. An iconic landmark of the city, the looming Hallgrimskirkja Church offers visitors panoramic views of the city. Standing 15 metres high and weighing 25 tons, the church’s pipe organ is one of its key features, while the statue of Leifur Eiriksson, the first European to discover America, guards the entrance. The capital’s name translates to ‘Smoky Bay’, after the columns of steam that rise from the hot springs, which can still be visited today.
Option 1: with London flights
- £169-£269 for 2 nights depending on departure date and tour option chosen
- £249-£399 for 3 nights depending on departure date and tour option chosen
- £299-£489 for 4 nights depending on departure date and tour option chosen
- £489-£649 for 5 nights depending on departure date and tour option chosen
Option 2: with Manchester flights
- £229-£299 for 2 nights depending on departure date and tour option chosen
- £309-£429 for 3 nights depending on departure date and tour option chosen
- £339-£539 for 4 nights depending on departure date and tour option chosen
- £539-£699 for 5 nights depending on departure date and tour option chosen