Cabin Hotel awaits guests just a stone’s throw away from the Faxaflói Bay’s waterfront promenade and offers quick access to the city’s attractions. Rooms feature flat-screen TVs and en suite bathroom facilities. Appetites can be satisfied at the on-site restaurant, while the hotel’s bar offers an array of beverages.
Located in a peaceful area of Reykjavik, Arctic Comfort Hotel awaits guests within a walking distance from the Kringlan shopping centre and the city’s main outdoor area, Laugardalur. Guests are invited to unwind in en suite bedrooms which boast contemporary decor and flat-screen TVs.
The Northern Lights Tour
Visitors are invited to take part in a unique experience which happens at night time in the Northern Hemisphere and can be seen on dark winter nights. One of nature’s most spectacular displays appears in the sky in the form of different shapes, proportions and patterns, known as the Northern Lights.
- Duration: 3-5 hours
- Pick-up up to 30 minutes before departure at the bus terminal at Laekjartorg (please call 24 hours before the tour to confirm it)
- Included: bus fare, assistance
- This tour depends on weather and sightings are not guaranteed (in this case, another tour will be offered free of charge)
Blue Lagoon (Transfers only)
Those who prefer thermal escapades can visit the famous Blue Lagoon. Travellers can take a leisurely stroll or spend a day idling in the natural hot springs and bathing in geothermal mud believed to revitalise the skin. Towels and robes are available for hire, and each al fresco pool also comes with views of the lava field surrounding the area. The on-site geothermal sauna with a spa offers a wide range of massages and treatments, while unique skincare products can be bought in the shop.
- Time of departures will be confirmed at the time of booking
Golden Circle Tour
Travellers are invited to see Iceland’s natural phenomena including hot springs, waterfalls, as well as the country’s best-known historical sites. The tour starts with a visit to the geothermal area of Nesjavellir, and continues with a stop at Þingvellir National Park. The highlights include a stopover at the tumbling Gullfoss waterfall, followed by a lunch break. Participants can also admire Geysir and Strokkur geysers, the Skálholt church and the horticultural village of Hveragerði.
- Please note that depending on weather conditions, visits to Nesjavellir cannot be guaranteed in the winter season.
Whale Watching Tour
This tour serves as an opportunity to enjoy a boat ride in search of whales swimming close to the Icelandic coastline. Some of the whale types that can be spotted include white-beaked dolphins, harbour porpoises, humpback whales, and the killer whales or orcas. Participants will also have a chance to encounter some of the local gull species - the Arctic tern, the gannet and the puffins.
Groupon’s Guide To Reykjavik
One of the safest and cleanest cities of modern times, Reykjavik is located on the south-western coast of Iceland and it is also the world’s northernmost capital city.
With more than 100 pubs and clubs, many of them found on Laugavegur Street, a wide choice of beers, Iceland’s drink of choice since 1989, are available for sampling. An iconic landmark of the city, the looming Hallgrimskirkja Church offers visitors panoramic views of the city. Standing 15 metres high and weighing 25 tons, the church’s pipe organ is one of its key features, while the statue of Leifur Eiriksson, the first European to discover America, guards the entrance. The capital’s name translates to ‘Smoky Bay’, after the columns of steam that rise from the hot springs, which can still be visited today.
Option 1: with Northern Lights tour
- £159-£249 for 2 nights with London flights, depending on dates chosen
- £219-£299 for 3 nights with London flights, depending on dates chosen
- £249-£339 for 2 nights with Manchester flights, depending on dates chosen
- £289-£369 for 3 nights with Manchester flights, depending on dates chosen
Option 2: with two tours (Northern Lights and Golden Circle)
- £269-£339 for 3 nights with London flights, depending on dates chosen
- £339-£429 for 3 nights with Manchester flights, depending on dates chosen
Option 3: with three tours (Northern Lights, Golden Circle and Blue Lagoons transfers)
- £339-£409 for 3 nights with London flights, depending on dates chosen
- £359-£449 for 4 nights with London flights, depending on dates chosen
- £409-£499 for 3 nights with Manchester flights, depending on dates chosen
- £449-£539 for 4 nights with Manchester flights, depending on dates chosen
Option 4: with four tours (Northern Lights, Golden Circle, Blue Lagoon Transfers and Whale Watching)
- £509-£579 for 4 nights with London flights, depending on dates chosen
- £559-£619 for 5 nights with London flights, depending on dates chosen
- £569-£649 for 4 nights with Manchester flights, depending on dates chosen